Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

normal SPO2 and BPM?
normal SPO2 and BPM?

I've been recording my SPO2\BPM for 10 days now. I read on the Internet that sleeping BPM should be between 40-50, so I set the low BPM alarm to 40 and it went off once at 38. I set the SPO2 alarm to 92, but it kept going off all night, so I lowered it to 88. It sometimes alarms and the SPO2 reading is anywhere between 74-82.
I thought the first finger sensor with alarm may not be accurate, so I purchased a CMS-50D+ that is designed for sleeping. It alarmed too. I then wore both at the same time for one night and they matched up almost exactly, with the exception that the CMS-50D+ SPO2 is constantly 2 points under the other, so I think it is just always 2 points too low out of calibration.

Notes: I'm still trying to get the SD Card to work in CPAP - it worked 1 time and now computer doesn't see SD Card when inserted.
Notes: The first few seconds of every SPO2 are invalid, as you can see from the skinny erroneous line at the start of each screen shot. I just posted asking if there's a ways to edit\remove the first minute of the SPO2 files.

Thank You
John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: normal SPO2 and BPM?
John, It will be interesting to see some Sleepyhead data as that is more likely to tell us if there are any events that cause the desaturation like we see at 03:40 to 04:40. With regard to setting alarms, I think you should just not set alarms. Your data tells you what you need to know and disrupting your sleep seems counter-productive. You will arouse if you you have apnea or other events that are a problem, and our focus needs to be prevention. Getting your Sleepyhead CPAP data is going to be the most helpful in coming up with a plan.

We know you likely have severe obstructive apnea and that it is likely to be strongly affected by your sleep position. You recently chose wisely not to pursue surgery, but in lieu of that option, have you obtained a soft cervical collar to help keep your airway optimally aligned? From these charts, I'm fairly certain that when you get Sleepyhead operational, we will see a cluster of obstructive apnea that corresponds with the desaturation. In your case a soft cervical collar, working with your CPAP is going to be the best solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using a SD card adapter plugged into a usb port that may
be your problem. I had 2 of those cheap adapters off ebay and both
of them failed then I remembered I had an unused laptop computer
with a SD reader and the card I thought had gone bad was working fine
after all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I ask how you are recording your SPO2?
Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing it, but I'm new and learning. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2018, 01:42 PM)kasiahbug Wrote: Can I ask how you are recording your SPO2?
Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing it, but I'm new and learning. Smile

He's using Contec oximeters (a CMS50F and more recently, a CMS50D+), oximeters which seem to be most common in this family/forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 211 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 391 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 828 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 679 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,056 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.