Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nose bleed/dry throat
nose bleed/dry throat
Hi,

My first post. I have been on a ResMed AirSense 10 autoset with a full facemask for 2 weeks, I am newly diagnosed.

My problems are I wake up in the wee hours of the morning needing to drink water. Last night I went from autoset and increased to humidity and temp, only to have to reduce the temp(my mistake put it up too high) I also have a heated tube.

So this morning I wake up, take off the mask and feel something dripping, I thought it was water, it was my blood. My right nostril) I have a deviated septum on that side) was bleeding.

Oh also my nose got stuffed up during the night and that woke me up, I was having breathing, I used a nasal spray and went back to bed with the mask on.

My air pressure was preset at 10.

Anybody have some of these problems?

Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nose bleed/dry throat
Welcome psychedout .. sound like you need more humidity, have you tried setting the climate control on "Auto"

I find the sinus rinse works much better than the nasal spray, I use the squeeze-bottle

When you turn off the machine in the morning, you can view the night data on the screen providing "Essentials" set to "Pus" in the clinical menu and period set to 1 day (Leak, AHI, Total AI, Central AI)

Clinical manual via via email, scroll down to the bottom of the page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

CPAP common problems http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users
Post Reply Post Reply
Never had an actual nose bleed but I have had bloody snot in the morning. Have you ever tried a nasal rinse? I have found that it really helps me during the dry times of the year as well as during the allergy seasons. I use the bottle from Ayr and a pre-packaged saline powder.

Finding the right humidity level can be difficult, especially with the changing seasons.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zonk,

Thanks for the welcome. I was using the cpap on auto, last night I went to manual and upped the Humidity from 4 to 6 and increased to hose heat. I had to lower the heat and moved back the humidity to 5, but still not help.

I have had a dry throat every night I used in on auto, first night with a bloody nose
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula02,

I, in the past, did a nasal rinse, that was before I was DX with Apnea.

I will start using it today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi psychedout,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would also suggest the sinus rences.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trish6hundred and thanks, I am going to start that today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, and sorry to read of your issues. My 'bloody-snot' issue did not resolve for me until I got my nose fixed. Having the humidity up as high as possible (without rainout) helps. The dry throat is the mouth-breathing you are doing. The clearer your nose stays, and the better you get at nose-breathing, the better the dry throat will get.

While I do hope you can skip the nose repair, it was the best quality of life fix I have ever done! I spent bout 40yrs holding my breath when kissing - never knew you could breathe through your nose...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Peter_C,

I heard some many horror stores about nose surgery, and was told not to do it, that I have to find a way to get rid of these problems.
I will try all that has been suggested and call my Dr. tomorrow.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2014, 06:37 PM)psychedout Wrote: Hi Peter_C,

I heard some many horror stores about nose surgery, and was told not to do it, that I have to find a way to get rid of these problems.
I will try all that has been suggested and call my Dr. tomorrow.

Thanks

Throat surgery is a pass, I wouldn't do that over again, but if you get a good ENT, the nose surgery (for me) was right up there with getting on my CPAP for life-changing for the good. Tender nose for bout a month (as in don't even scratch it) but even before the splints came out I was breathing through my nose. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 426 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 650 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.