Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

not feeling fresh and energetic ..please help
not feeling fresh and energetic ..please help
Hi friends,

A diagnosis shows that i have an AHI of 59.9 per hour just 20 days before.. from that day i have been using resmed 10. initially for 2 days i felt very refreshing after using the machine. But after that, some days i feel well...some days not very refreshing. 
                  now a days when i go to sleep i am not sure what will i feel when i ll wake up.
what should i do now. One day i called the resmed engineer. he did some changing on the set up in the machine. on that night i slept well and feel refreshed in the morning. But after that same kind of uncertainty continues. This is ruining my career. please help. 

with regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: not feeling fresh and energetic ..please help
Welcome! It can take some time before you start to see the benefits of PAP therapy, but hang in there!

It would be helpful to know the exact model of your Resmed. For instance the Airstart series are all bricks, as is the airsense 10 cpap. In order to optimize your own therapy you really need to download sleepyhead and view your own data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for answering my query Thanks .. c0mbe. i was thinking what to do next. but thanks for your help. i installed sleephead software on my laptop.
my machine is Airsense10 autoset apac TRI (resmed).

i went through some other thread of this forum where increasing the minimum pressure from 4 to 6 was suggested and did that. that works for me. But the problem is my ahi increased to 7.5 which was <1 at minimum pressure 4. again i am not feeling that much fresh as i felt at minimum pressure 4 in the begining days. What should i do now?

with regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
The links in my signature describe how to post Sleepyhead data on the forum. From your description, it sounds like you might have had clear airway CA apnea events. Is that what you're seeing?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi sleeprider,

Thanks for your reply. I am giving my report in the attached file (unable to do it through Imgur). Sorry for the quality of image. 

please reply,

with regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have mostly Obstructive events. The minimum pressure of 6 is too far away from your 90% pressure. Start to inch that minimum pressure up until you are approximately
2 lower than your 90% number. This will help lower the obstructives.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you are using a minimum pressure of 6, and a an EPR setting of 2. That means your exhale pressure is always your inhale pressure minus 2.

Before suggesting any increase in pressure, you said, that your pressure at 4.0 resulted in fewer events. Can you show us what happened with that setting? Normally I would want to increase pressure for obstructive apnea (OA) events as you have, but I also want to make sure the higher pressure or EPR is not a cause of the events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi paritosh.nitc,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to better meet your needs, you’ve come to the right place for guidance.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi friends,

Thanks for your help. i am giving my report on minimum pressure 4 . initially i was feeling awesome. but after 2 days some days i felt well and mostly other days  tired. I am unable to use Imgur.  so please go through this link https://ibb.co/nt8rLa.

please do reply 

with regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
Similar to your most recent results, the pressure increased to an average around 10 cm. With this, I think you should move to 8 cm minimum pressure, and if results are favorable, not make changes for a week. After that, you may want to increase minimum pressure closer to your median. So I basically agree with Rose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 257 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 546 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.