Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems
nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems
I am changing from a nuance nasal pillow mask to Swift FX for her. I am currently using a Phillips Respironics Dream station Auto Cpap I am trying to find out what setting the mask type should be changed to 1X, 2x, so on.  I have my flex setting on 1. Before switch to the Swift FX I have .04 to 1.0 AHI. I was only a having hypopneas issues. I had it set flex 1, mask 2x, humidity on 2 with heater off. Since I have changed to Swift for Her I am having Clear airway apneas, obstructive apneas and more hypopneas. I left the flex on 1 I can only change 1 to 3.  I find I am not rest as well with the swift as I did with the nuance.  I am using a small for both nuance and swift.  The only reason why I am changing is because I am having a lot of problems with the nuance head gear back strip slipping up at night. I find I am able to get the swift headgear to fit better but I am having problems with ripping it off at night because I feel like I can breath.  I do wake up stopped up and puff eyed with the swift. Any advise would be helpful. I do have the sleepyhead program but I am not sure how to read it or how to use it to get swift to work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems
Hello, akdog30. Welcome to the forum. 

A lot of people feel starved for air if the pillow size is too small. I would recommend going to a medium pillow, or even a large to see if that helps.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2017, 02:19 PM)pupcamper Wrote: Hello, akdog30. Welcome to the forum. 

A lot of people feel starved for air if the pillow size is too small. I would recommend going to a medium pillow, or even a large to see if that helps.

I am currently using a small and have not tried the medium. I will change it out tonight and see if this helps and give an update after a couple of nights. I really like the feel of the Swift FX because it stays in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics pillow mask with closest intentional leak rate to the Swift FX I have found is  the Comfort Lite 2. Philips recommends a mask setting of x4 for the small pillows, x2 for medium and x1 for large.

How long have you been using the Swift FX? It may take a few days to get used to the mask.

If you would list your machine as a DreamStationAuto in your user profile it would be helpful.

Also, if you could download SleepyHead and post some charts we have people on the forum who are very good at helping with pressures. With the trouble you are describing I suspect your pressure may be too low, especially since you are using flex. There are links to where to download SleepyHead and a very good tutorial on using the program in the signature at the bottom of my posts.

Sleep well,
Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2017, 05:44 PM)pupcamper Wrote: The Respironics pillow mask with closest intentional leak rate to the Swift FX I have found is  the Comfort Lite 2. Philips recommends a mask setting of x4 for the small pillows, x2 for medium and x1 for large.

How long have you been using the Swift FX? It may take a few days to get used to the mask.

If you would list your machine as a DreamStationAuto in your user profile it would be helpful.

Also, if you could download SleepyHead and post some charts we have people on the forum who are very good at helping with pressures. With the trouble you are describing I suspect your pressure may be too low, especially since you are using flex. There are links to where to download SleepyHead and a very good tutorial on using the program in the signature at the bottom of my posts.

Sleep well,
Mitch

I have used the Swift FX for 6 nights now.

I also think I fix my profile to show both machine and mask.

I will download SleepyHead. I have been on CPAP since June 16 so it should all be on the data file.  I poste the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went in the opposite direction as you. I went from Swift to Nuance.

Flex is the exhale relief setting? Changing that did not make a difference?

Being clogged in the morning could mean the pillows are too small and the direct air flow is aimed wrong inside your nostrils. Large size should fix this.

Since they removed the tackiness from the back strap of the Nuance, it does have trouble staying in place, especially if you are on your back. It is by far my favorite mask, though.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
This link will tell you how to organize your SleepyHead charts for better results.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi akdog30,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy, just keep trying different ones 'till you find one that will work for you.
I wish you good luck to you on your CPAP journey, hang in there for more responses to your post
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well drat. I have a nuance on the way because of Dreamwear strap slipping up.

So now they improved the nuance to have the same flaw???
So I guess now I've got another useless mask on the way for six months unless I ponytail my hair and slip it thru the strap which I hate.

Guess I'll Just pay out of pocket for some new Eson cushions
It works fine just wanted to go to pillows.

Oh well . Wish I'd known they "fixed" the back strap to slip off yesterday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update with last night's date from Sleepyhead.

I changed my mask size to medium on my Swift FX for her mask.  My settings were flex 1, mask type 2x, humidity 2, heat 1, ramp 4.0.  I did wake up with puffy eyes but I am starting to think there is nothing I can do about it.   I am have more hypopnea events while using the Swift FX mask any advise how to correct this?  I am have few obstructive events with this mask.  Any advise on what to change would be appreciated.

I started using the Swift mask on Feb 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,886 1 hour ago
Last Post: clan
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,015 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 142 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 810 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 373 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.