Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do Replacing an old Dreamstation with a new and equal one?
What to do Replacing an old Dreamstation with a new and equal one?
Hello friends,

In the next weeks I will receive a new Dreamstation, it will replace the same machine of almost five years of use, I want to continue using Oscar and the data of the previous machine without being deleted. if it can be with the same old SD.

What should I do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What to do Replacing an old Dreamstation with a new and equal one?
If you plan to retain your old machine as a backup, I would recommend using a new SD card and keep the old one with the current CPAP. Since you are replacing your current machine with the same brand and type, you can still use the same OSCAR profile. Each CPAP registers its serial number to the SD card, and only one serial number per card is allowed. The Summary screen in OSCAR will show a different serial in the history at the bottom, but your sleep data should continue seamlessly.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I'd go with separate cards for the machines as suggested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your quick response
That's what I'll do, keep every SD on his machine.

What I don't know what to do is not to damage the old profile and that I want to continue using,

How do I proceed after the first night's reading on the new machine when I enter the data into Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see two options here. The first is just to add the new data to your existing data, keeping the same profile. The second, is to create a new profile for the new machine and keep each machine's data separate. Your call.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll choose the first option

Gracias
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,182 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 5 1,280 01-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Cleanng vs Replacing SakimaStorm 4 544 01-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  DME replacing my faulty Airsense 10 with an 11..should i accept? tierdal 9 1,286 03-29-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Replacing N30i Nasal Mask Sleeves? Avign0n323 5 1,664 01-08-2022, 05:10 AM
Last Post: multicast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.