Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

odd, occasional mask leak
RE: odd, occasional mask leak
You could also try using a chinstrap under your mask to prevent your mouth dropping open occasionally. I use one and it really does help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just came across a Snore Relief Adjustable Chin Strap at yourstoreonline that looks promising. It's only $7.95 and has an upward pull rather than to the rear which can cause obstruction and pain. This is the same principle as the Knightsbridge dual chin strap from Supplier #37.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started using an Air Touch F20 (foam cushion). Big change after being a Wisp user for 5 years but finally had to do something about mouth leaks. Sleep Doc is an F20 user and he recommended it. Wasn't nearly a bad as I thought it would be--really quite comfortable--but on the 2nd night I found the bottom of the cushion was in my mouth. You really have to wear these masks tight. I didn't wear the cervical collar that night--I am going back to it as I actually missed it. I try and keep my mouth closed using it, but it is kind of difficult when you have pressure in two places on my face now. Tonight (3rd night) I am going to try and get my act together.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 27 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.