Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PRESSURE 'JUMPS'
RE: PRESSURE 'JUMPS'
Thanks again to all those who commented and gave advice to me. Over the past couple weeks I have been reading and learning from the many posts on the apnea board forum. This has been a really great learning experience for me. I have been using CPAP since the late 90's, probably 99.99% of nights, primarily because I just cannot get any sleep at all without CPAP. Both of my machines were manufactured in 1997-1998. I had no idea that the technology had changed so much in the past 19-20 years. The DreamStation auto I started using on April 18 is so amazing and quiet. I have read so many comments on the apnea board forum about tweeking the machine settings to achieve even better results. Well, to realize the difference between using a CPAP machine and not using a CPAP machine, I experienced that on April 4 & 5 when my local clinic sent me home with a Watermark forehead mounted home sleep tester. It was pure hell trying to sleep without CPAP, apparently just to demonstrate that I did in fact have sleep apnea and so that my local General Practictioner could prescribe a CPAP machine. The first night I tolerated only 2.8 hours 'sleeping' and the second night only 2.9 hours. Both nights, after tolerating as much as I could handle, I tore off the forehead monitor, cranked up my antique Solo Respironics CPAP with my trusty nasal pillow, and slept like a baby for many hours.
So now I am curious, how many apnea board advisors and monitors have been using CPAP for 20 years or more?
I really do appreciate what all of you do for us who are trying to learn more, and thank you for your dedication. I was so excited a few nights ago when my AHI came down to 5.8. Now I have read that some of you have achieved much lower AHI's.
Thanks and have a great nights sleep,
NickAsleep
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,004 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 978 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 667 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
Question Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset JefferyG 2 748 03-15-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI JUMPS from 5 to 25! Pedrx 8 1,287 05-31-2020, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Pedrx
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,430 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.