Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

one week update
one week update
1 week update:

90% pressure: 8.00
Max pressure: 14.18
Leak rate is at 4.76

I am looking for the 95% pressure and can't seem to find it.

I tried the small/med/lg nasal pillows, and med seems to fit my nose best. I am actually pretty happy with the mask. I am having a little trouble falling asleep, but I actually think that may be sleep sanitation.

I talked with the respiratory therapist by email, yesterday, and he said that things were fine from his standpoint, and no changes to the settings are needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: one week update
The technical are looking good. How does the whole thing feel? Do you feel like you are getting enough air? You might want to consider taking that 5 up to 6 for a minimum if you are. As is, your system is pretty much wide open (4-20 is the wide open range).

Trouble falling asleep can be just getting used to it or sometimes one or more of the "comfort" settings could be better adjusted for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: one week update
What is your total AHI number? Also what is breakdown of AHi, Obstructives, hypopneas, clear airways, etc.

Your minimum pressure could be raised to 6 just for comfort purposes so you don't feel starved for air, but the only reason for raising or changing pressure numbers should be if your AHI is too high.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 203 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 368 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 580 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.