Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

opinion please
Ohmy 
Anybody know the answer to this :  I've had my AirSense 10 for 19 months.  The humidifier is not working at all.  The supplier has agreed to replace it with an  AirSense 10 for her .. after a sleep study and new prescription and calls from Medicare on my behalf.  (They charged for new machine when it was actually refurbished).  Medicare told me the machine I have is mine and I should repair it as a backup .. When the supplier called they said they would change out my machine .. sounds like they want the old one back.  Is it worth the effort to try to keep and repair or should I just turn it in and be done with it .?   any opinions.    Thank you. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not give them the machine that has been fully paid for as it appears this is not a warranty exchange. The machine works except for the humidifier heater. Supplier #27 can probably quote you a repair cost for that, but the machine is still fine for use without the humidifier and can serve as a backup.

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you had to do a new sleep study and and prescription to get a replacement machine. Your previous diagnosis and prescription should be enough to dispense a machine. Also, why are you continuing to use a supplier that deceptively dispensed a refurbished machine? Find a new supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was expecting a lot of trouble from this supplier .. so went to dr first and he suggested the new study.. I think I have to use this supplier for this replacement since they supplied the last one ..they should take the hit for it.  I won't use them again.  I'm pretty sure Medicare is not covering the cost a second time.. .. I've had it less than two years so they may be exchanging it... but I know it was refurbished and not new which they charged for.  They would do nothing for me... my dr called plus I called Medicare and they called the supplier.  I got different answers from Medicare ..but the last person did help me and made the phone call to get the new machine.  I have appointment today for the new machine .. I bet they won't give to me unless I turn in the one I have.  I will try to keep it and see how far I get.  :/ Tks for the supplier 27 suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply

You apparently have a contact at Medicare that told you that the machine is paid for. You need to call back Medicare and determine if the machine is being exchanged under warranty, in which case the DME has the right to get the exchange; and if you are required to use the same supplier. If not, get the supplier list for your area from the representative.

If you are getting the Airsense 10 Autoset for her, that is a very nice machine. You can determine if it has any run hours on the meter by going into the menu (My Options) and scrolling down to About. The Run hours should be listed there. If the machine has been used and you see a couple hundred run hours, then decline the machine.

Is your old machine an Autoset or CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an AutoSet.. Loved it until humidifier stopped working.  Yes.. I will check the usage before I accept.  That's how I discovered the last one had been used .. I did return to them and they admitted it was refurbished ..but also said that was only way they could help me ..which I now know was not true.  I should have raised cain then .. but didn't.  Won't make that mistake again.
Post Reply Post Reply
just got off phone with Medicare - the broken machine is mine to keep .. so will have it repaired and have a back-up. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Since it is a good-news day, here is some more. The early Airsense 10 Autosets and other models had a problem with the humidifiers that was fixed by a firmware update. If your machine did not receive the update wirelessly for some reason, the fix may be very simple and free. http://www.rmdassets.com/airsolutions/ai...%20V15.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2017, 02:22 PM)Mary Anna Wrote: just got off phone with Medicare - the broken machine is mine to keep .. so will have it repaired and have a back-up.  Smile

I don't have anything to add to your thread, only that I'm glad you were persistent enough to ask questions and in the end got good news.  Best wishes to you and welcome to the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider - tks for the info on the update... will check that out.  Just got back from my appointment.  They gave me a new airsense 10 for her .. they asked for the old one... I told them what Medicare said - (that it was mine to keep)  .. they responded with .. "Yes it is yours but we are replacing it so you need to bring it in."  and to bring it in at my convenience.   Hmmmm well ..   guess I will see if they bug me about it.   :/
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-24-2017, 02:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Since it is a good-news day, here is some more.  The early Airsense 10 Autosets and other models had a problem with the humidifiers that was fixed by a firmware update.  If your machine did not receive the update wirelessly for some reason, the fix may be very simple and free. http://www.rmdassets.com/airsolutions/ai...%20V15.pdf

Sleeprider

Thanks for the link. I have two Airsense 10 Auto and the humidifier works differently in them. One heat very quickly and stays warm all night, the other doesn't heat at all unless a heated hose is attached so you can set the temperature. Even then it takes about an hour for it to reach 84F in a room that is 68F.

I have taken them back twice to the DMEP that filled the prescriptions and they say hey both are working within OEM specifications.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need plumbing opinion GrammaBear 10 363 11-17-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: GrammaBear