Luvmyzzz Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: Built In
CPAP Pressure: 9-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: First diagnosed with essential hypertension @ age 25 (precursor to CHF)

Sex: Female

RE: opinion
[quote='utahhandyman' pid='155767' dateline='1459381355']
I have taken two tests at home one on the finger.
one on the finger and chest both said that i have apnea.
how ever they said i need to come in for a $1400.00 over night study
after spending $200.00 for the first and $450.00 for the second.

my ? is i have a friend that just got a new cpap and gave me his old one that is set at 11 i just don't know if i should try it and see if it helps or save up for the overnight test. I'm just tired of being tired all the time. And money is an issue.

Most people will advise against this simply because HIS Cpap has ALL his bodily (breathing) fluids/colds/flu bug/possible diseases/personal organisms IN the machine, That machine is HIS machine...If you think the money you have forked out so far is ridiculous, wait till you start using his equipment.....can't blame anybody when you REALLY get sick from someone else's "stuff". The medical facility should be able to get you help, or send you somewhere that will help you. Good Luck...I know your plight, please be careful.

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
03-31-2016 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opinion on what to do next regarding sleep studies & diagnosis / similar stories? azone 6 1,669 03-31-2016 08:07 PM
Last Post: woozie38
Question [CPAP] Your opinion on these machines... Geniale 30 2,300 01-30-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: GPSMapNut
  In my humble opinion, keeping your mouth shut is overrated retired_guy 8 2,057 06-10-2015 06:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  In you opinion, what is the best portable CPAP. Whitjr 5 2,081 05-13-2015 01:41 PM
Last Post: Kadenz