Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

opinion
opinion
I have taken two tests at home one on the finger.
one on the finger and chest both said that i have apnea.
how ever they said i need to come in for a $1400.00 over night study
after spending $200.00 for the first and $450.00 for the second.

my ? is i have a friend that just got a new cpap and gave me his old one that is set at 11 i just don't know if i should try it and see if it helps or save up for the overnight test. I'm just tired of being tired all the time. And money is an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: opinion
Give us the make and model of the machine and people here can help you set it up. You most likely don't need another study unless you have a sleep issue that a straight or auto xpap can't treat.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a resmed elite humidaire
thank you
the mask that i have covers you nose
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi utahhandyman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 09:00 PM)utahhandyman Wrote: It is a resmed elite humidaire
thank you
the mask that i have covers you nose

look on the back, or bottom for the label, and on that will be a model, or REF number (depending on age).

also look on the mask for any words or letters printed on it anywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
resmed s8 elite

mask resmed activecell
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2016, 06:42 PM)utahhandyman Wrote: I have taken two tests at home one on the finger.
one on the finger and chest both said that i have apnea.
how ever they said i need to come in for a $1400.00 over night study
after spending $200.00 for the first and $450.00 for the second.

my ? is i have a friend that just got a new cpap and gave me his old one that is set at 11 i just don't know if i should try it and see if it helps or save up for the overnight test. I'm just tired of being tired all the time. And money is an issue.

What were the results of the two overnight tests? Did they give you your AHI readings? You have a right to the results of those tests...post some information here so we can advise.

Also, your friends S8 is an older machine and may not serve you well at all.

The reason they would want you to do an overnight test is to titrate you for the optimum pressure. You don't need to go that route with another study.

If you can get a doctor to write a script for an Auto Cpap, that would be your best avenue. Many people use an auto Cpap to titrate themselves without doing another study.

You have already spent over 600.00 on testing. You can purchase an open box new auto machine or a low hour used machine at Supplier #2 for that amount.
See supplier list at top of page.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 collects limited data; and requires a special card and reader to view the data in software. Rendering the S8 near useless in tracking therapy.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Could another reason they want a full sleep study is to satisfy health insurance requirements? Seem to recall that's what I was told. I didn't qualify in my first test some years ago--I honestly only slept a few hours and wondered how anyone could they way they have you hooked up. This despite the insistence of my wife who insisted I had an issue. Gave it another try and tried to avoid another formal sleep study--they mentioned the home tests but also said they have some issues with insurance and those.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 374 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Second opinion on a sleep study spudhorse 18 1,018 01-09-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 869 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  CPAP & INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE - CONSENSUS OF OPINION MCS2014 5 1,177 07-31-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: EddyDee
  Second opinion - Central Apneas ? restless51 9 1,132 06-08-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Low AHI but overall fatigue - 2nd opinion CPAPStruggles 5 1,150 01-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: HoseHead58
  Sleep collar (OPINION NEEDED) spetzal 2 662 11-22-2022, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.