Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

options for longer cpap hose / tube ?
options for longer cpap hose / tube ?
Hi all,
I would much prefer if I had a longer hose than the 6 foot one that came with the system.  Is it possible to get a non heated hose and stick it on the end of the heated hose to make it longer?  In online stores, I only see the 15mm heated hoses and 19mm longer hoses.. is there a way to do what I'm trying to do that I haven't thought of?  Seems like if I combined the 15mm heated hose and then 19mm hose extension, I'm not sure what to set the hose size in the machine (which would affect pressure, right?).  I suppose maybe try the 10 feet non heated 19mm hose by itself?

Oh I just found this it is a 6 foot 15mm, so I think I could stick it on the end of the heated hose, but I wonder if I need an adaptor to stick two hoses together? [Commercial link removed, instead search Supplier #1 for "Respironics thin performance tube 15mm]

Thanks in advance

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: options for longer cpap hose / tube ?
There are hose couplers available online. It will be 22mm, which is the standard end for cpap hoses. If you are going for another 6' hose, I would go with a non heated slimline which is much lighter than the standard 22mm hose. They will both have 22mm ends.

If you just need to add around 18" of length, the SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube is great. It is used with the SleepWeaver cpap mask, but makes a great lightweight, general purpose short tube. One end will fit in the hose end of your heated hose and the other will fit your mask. No need for a coupler. Keep in mind it is fairly stiff but I haven't found that to be a problem.

I buy my hoses on Amazon.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: options for longer cpap hose / tube ?
Cool, thanks! I found the connector/coupler you mention and I'll try that!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 151 7 hours ago
Last Post: dharma2255
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,617 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 255 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 150 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 159 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 228 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question Hose volume Willw 4 278 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.