Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar 1.3 download problem
oscar 1.3 download problem
my windows 10/64bit desktop computer won't download the file ( no problem downloading the v1.2) ... I turned off the virus protection but that didn't help.  I get a message saying that the download could damage my computer .. but I'm assuming the problem is on my end and not on v1.3

any advice?
thanks
charlie
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar 1.3 download problem
Is the problem that it won't download, or that it won't install? If you try to install and it complains about not being a trustworthy program (I forget the exact words), click on "More Info" and then click on the "install anyway" button.

If it won't download, that probably is something at your end. Try a different browser and see if that works any better. Can you post a screen shot of the exact message?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, it downloads just fine on Windows 10 / 64 bit. But when I go to install, Windows Defender blocks it AND Norton gets very grouchy because the download is so new and used by so few people (at this time, maybe will be better in a few days)
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 09:30 PM)clownbell Wrote: In my case, it downloads just fine on Windows 10 / 64 bit. But when I go to install, Windows Defender blocks it AND Norton gets very grouchy because the download is so new and used by so few people (at this time, maybe will be better in a few days)

It's common for some anti-virus software to block newer software that hasn't yet been downloaded much.  That disappears once several people have downloaded the software over a period of time.

Not sure how to handle it with your particular anti-virus software, but there should be an option to ignore the warning message and install anyway (as Guy alluded to above).
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Of note:  Although the OSCAR download page is on sleepfiles.com, this is one reason why the install files themselves are hosted on apneaboard.com instead of sleepfiles.com

The apneaboard.com domain has a much higher "trust rating" than the sleepfiles.com domain, simply because it's been around longer and has an established history with a lot of activity.  ApneaBoard.com was registered in 2004, while SleepFiles.com was registered in 2014.

Therefore the warnings you're experiencing should go away much quicker than if the files were hosted on sleepfiles.com

In Google, if you search using the term site:SleepFiles.com you'll get 24 results.  If you search using the term site:ApneaBoard.com you'll get 14,400 results (currently).  That's one thing that makes apneaboard.com more "trustworthy" in the eyes of anti-virus software.  There's other criteria also.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried this in my Win10 VM.  Using MS Edge I got this:

Hover over the filename, then Click the 3 horizontal dots to the right of the filename and select Keep.
Another popup will open, click Show More.  Then select Keep Anyway.

You can also report the app as safe.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 09:50 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: You can also report the app as safe.

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, please do report it as "safe", folks.  Doing so should help speed up the process of removing any blocking for others in the future.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I did the test with a VM : Using Edge, show the message posted before. You can click on the notification. clic on the right, on the 3 dots put horizontally.
You can report as safe but you have a menu with 2 options (I have a french W10. So, I try a translation) : I think the site is safe / I'm the owner or something like. Maybe, someone in the "working team" can report the both exe file as safe and say it's the owner and it's a error.
After what, you can say what you want to keep.
Maybe, you have to pack with a editor not empty (if it is) to avoid : it's say the editor is unknown.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2021, 08:19 PM)cberistain Wrote: >>my windows 10/64bit desktop computer won't download the file ( no problem downloading the v1.2) ... I turned off the virus protection but that didn't help.  I get a message saying that the download could damage my computer .. but I'm assuming the problem is on my end and not on v1.3  <<

a little progress ... switched from the edge/chromium based browser to the google chrome browser .. I was able to download the .exe file.. when I attempt to install it, I get the warnings, and I click on "install anyway" type message ... install progresses quickly to about 2/3 before it freezes on "c:\program files\about-pl.html" .. rebooted and got the same message, so I'm stuck .. any advice?
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:install progresses quickly to about 2/3 before it freezes on "c:\program files\about-pl.html" .. rebooted and got the same message, so I'm stuck .. any advice?

How long does it stay stuck there before you reboot?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 200 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 298 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 561 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.