Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar and old data from laptop to new computer
oscar and old data from laptop to new computer
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I cant seem to find the answer...

Ive successfully been using a laptop for my Oscar data, and recently bought a new Windows desktop machine and will be using Oscar on it. 
When I go to Oscar setup on new computer, it asks for my profile name. I presume I use my same profile name?

And how to I get all my old oscar reports/data into my new computer?

thanks in advance :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar and old data from laptop to new computer
I supposed what you have to copy the Data directory from the old one to the new one (it's name is OSCAR_Data. I'm a Linux user ; I don't know the localization on Windows Machine).
At the start of OSCAR, you've been asked for the localization of the data localization, you point on it and it is supposed tu be good.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Mal.

Untoutseul05 is right. Before installing Oscar on your new machine, copy over the data folder from your laptop to the new computer. The default location is My Documents \ Oscar_data or C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Oscar_data where xxx is your Windows user name. Copy the whole thing across, and when you install Oscar it will look for data in that location.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys
I presume I use same profile name when installing Oscar on new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
But then if the data file is there BEFORE I install I presume it will automatically use my old profile name
Post Reply Post Reply
That's right - Oscar will see the existing data and profile(s) (that you copied over) and carry on from there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 87 18 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 655 2 hours ago
Last Post: StuartC
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 94 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 62 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 228 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.