Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar help
oscar help
I down loaded Oscar and made a profile, I am trying to inport data Oscar wants me log into my profile I put my password in then the app disappears.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar help
I have not been able to duplicate your problem, but I may not be doing exactly what you have been doing, and I already have some data imported. I added a password to my profile, then quit OSCAR and restarted it. I entered the correct password, and i opened the Welcome page as expected. I restarted and entered an incorrect password and it said it was incorrect and gave me another chance. (I think it will quit if you enter the wrong password too many times). I restarted and just closed the password box, and it just sat at the Profile selection page until I selected my profile, and then it asked for the password. Never did OSCAR just disappear.

A possible solution is to use a text editor like Notepad (assuming you are using Windows) to edit the Profile.xml file. which is in the (yourUserName) folder inside the Profiles folder inside the OSCAR-Data (usually) folder. In other words : OSCAR-Data->Profiles->yourUserName->Profile.xml -- OSCAR-Data will be in your Documents folder

In that file you will find a line like <Password type="QString">xxx</Password> You need to delete whatever is between the > and the < (xxx in this case) so that it has <Password type="QString"></Password> - then save and close the file and restart OSCAR. It should start up and either go to the profile selection page or directly to the Welcome page.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2019, 11:51 AM)KenCurtiss Wrote: I down loaded Oscar and made a profile, I am trying to inport data Oscar wants me log into my profile I put my password in then the app disappears.

A crash when loading the profile can be caused by an old video driver.  I recommend you first update your video driver if an update is available.  Doing that has fixed this problem for several people.

If that doesn't work, we have a registry script that forces OSCAR to use a different version of the graphics engine that may solve your problem.

Download FixGraphics.reg, open Windows Explorer, navigate to where you saved the file, and double click on FixGraphcs.reg to update the registry.  You will get a variety of warning messages from Microsoft about the danger of editing the registry.  Go ahead and allow the registry changes to be made.  Restart OSCAR and see if that helps.

OSCAR has three different graphics engines available -- OpenGL, ANGLE, and Software engine.  OpenGL is the default but does not work with some older computers.  (While you can set the desired engine in the Preferences dialog, in cases like yours you cannot get to the Preferences dialog!)  The registry script forces use of the Software engine.  Later, if you want to try the ANGLE engine, go to File/Preferences/Appearance and select the ANGLE engine.  If it doesn't work after you do that, just run the registry script again and you'll be back to the software engine.

Let us know whether this solves your problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a work-around that allows OSCAR to work with Mac systems older than 11.12?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't remember the details, but the choice was a compromise between how old we could support while still supporting the newest Mac Version. We have to use a combination of QT and X-Code releases that worked together. As I recall, the X-Code version that supported the older MacOS didn't support the latest one. Then you have to use a version of QT that works with that X-Code. At this point, compiling OSCAR requires QT 5.7 through 5.12.
Basically, if you can compile and build it yourself, it should work.

Or - if you haven't yet - you could just try our build on your older system. It might work. We just haven't tried. Please report back your success or failure.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks   I will give it a try.  (Editor's note:  I am NOT a coder, but I can try.) Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.