Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar question
oscar question
night two was only one and a half hours but why does the pressure look funny? 4 then to zero over and over, nothing like the night before. thanks i hope i am posting in the correct place. thank u [attachment=24058][attachment=24059]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar question
sorry i feel likei asked a dumb question, i ll get some full night shots later and see if u can give me good advice. only been trying to wear this about two weeks. i take it off alot. i am slowy wearing it longer and longer, the mask hurts my deviated septum. tryin to get  new around the nose mask. currently using a nose pillow which mashes my septum. nice to be in a group. ty
Post Reply Post Reply
you need to disable VS2.....that picks up vibrations like your hose rubbing up against you r pillow or whatever.

You got a couple of snores..... a few OA's no CA's.. apply ladies nipple cream to the nares... and adjust your head gear accordingly. I had mine too tight for a spell, but learned the sweet spot for tightness. Try some sleep aids and a light snack a couple of hours before bed... nothing to stimulate before bed, TV computer, games and whatever.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2020, 01:14 PM)Dugy40 Wrote: night two was only one and a half hours but why does the pressure look funny? 4 then to zero over and over, nothing like the night before. thanks i hope i am posting in the correct place. thank u

Your pressure is just going to your minimum setting of 4.  There is a setting in the pressure graph you can change that may make it easier to read.
Open your Daily View, then on the left side of the pressure graph, right click on the word Pressure.  From the popup menu select Y-axis then under Scaling Mode select Override then change the Min and Max to 3 and 15
Should make the pressure graph a little easier to read.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=24066] i took a nap. my ahi went higher than usual.thoughts? ty

how do i disable vs2? i will keep looking ty
Post Reply Post Reply
found  it under preferences,events...can you comment on my newest screenshot. was a 2 hour nap. ahi 6. something. ty
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=24080][attachment=24081]
i thought i turned off vs2 but its still recording. do i need to do something else? thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the minimum pressure up to 7cm and see how that affects the numbers for a day or two.  Also, set AFlex to 1.

Respironics machines are slow to react and starting at a pressure of 4cm is too low to clean up the flow limitations.

Hopefully you can get more sleep than you are showing.  It's not necessary to show us 2 hr naps as it's hard to give advice on that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the VS2 setting, I think from that screenshot you had up showing the check boxes, from there with VS2 unchecked as you did, then it's clicking OK and it should accept the change.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2020, 05:49 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: i thought i turned off vs2 but its still recording. do i need to do something else? thank you

The pink shading is not VS2 but VB Variable breathing its a new piece of information we are now showing on OSCAR it changes the way the Philips responds with pressure changes. It’s not a bad thing just providing more information. Please see our wiki article http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing phoenixsaga 10 1,167 09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Question about OSCAR accuracy during high leak periods raptosnorus 13 921 06-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: raptosnorus
  Oscar Question mlshermancpa 6 543 09-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Last Post: mlshermancpa
  Question about reading Sleepyhead/Oscar reports TheManseHen 3 1,046 04-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  A question about calculation using OSCAR-reported "Med." values as variables 2SleepBetta 8 1,294 04-11-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  General Oscar tutorial question Moemah123 0 530 03-31-2022, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Moemah123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.