Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar question
Trying to help someone download Oscar.
Trying to help another person.  Asked them to download Oscar.  She says her Apple computer won’t download Oscar. I  Gives her a msg that Oscar has malware.  
 Don’t kill the messenger.   I know it doesn’t have malware but what should I tell her besides what I already told her that it doesn’t have malware.   Told her I’d try and find a solution.  Thank you Doug.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar question
The warning is something along the lines of "This app cannot be checked for viruses/malware because it is from an unidentified developer"???

That is normal now for Mac's and for developers who are not officially part of Apples developer program (which costs $$$).

As long as you downloaded OSCAR from it's official location (use the banner at the top of the page) it is safe to install.
Follow these instructions:
  • On the Mac, open Finder and go to the folder you downloaded the app in (typically Downloads)
  • Hold the Control key then click on the app you downloaded
  • A context window will popup, select "Open" at the top
  • You will get that warning window again only this time it will have an "Open" button
  • Click the Open button
There is a link in my signature that gives more detail with pictures.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the download was from the link above, the person can ignore the warning. Temporarily turning off their antivirus while downloading is another option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
wierd msg
in detais it say mode/pressure setting guessed this day.  i searched this forum and didnt find the msg. anyone know why? i slept terrible last night. kept breathing through my mouth tape. just thought id ask bout the msg on the left. ty doug    
Post Reply Post Reply
If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports. So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
When OSCAR is unable to read those parameters for that day, it will use the last known parameters and notify you by using that message.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: wierd msg
(10-07-2020, 07:30 AM)Dugy40 Wrote: in detais it say mode/pressure setting guessed this day.  i searched this forum and didnt find the msg. anyone know why? ...

It means that for some reason OSCAR does not have the settings data (from the str.edf file) for the day.  We are still trying to determine all the situations in which that can happen, because it normally should not.

Do you the compression options set in File/Preferences?  We have recently discovered one scenario where that can lead to "guessed settings" when rebuilding CPAP data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2020, 08:15 AM)staceyburke Wrote: If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports.  So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..

Hmm.  Wierd.  I haven’t changed anything.  All I did was run mask fit.  Didn’t change anything. Oh well.  If it’s gone tomorrow no biggie.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2020, 08:15 AM)staceyburke Wrote: If you start the machine for any reason that is the setting the machine reports.  So if you turn it on and adjust the mask and latter change a setting that setting will not show up that day and will give you the message you received..

In that scenario, the settings shown are the settings in effect the first time the CPAP machine was turned on for the day.  So if you change the settings after the first time you used the machine, the new settings will not be shown on the Daily page.  However, you will not get the "guessed" settings in this situation.  You'll simply see the beginning of day settings without any indication that they were later changed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: wierd msg
(10-07-2020, 09:22 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: It means that for some reason OSCAR does not have the settings data (from the str.edf file) for the day.  We are still trying to determine all the situations in which that can happen, because it normally should not.

Do you the compression options set in File/Preferences?  We have recently discovered one scenario where that can lead to "guessed settings" when rebuilding CPAP data.
I know it is bad form to piggy-back on another thread, but I have seen the exact same behaviour.

I hade been using a ResMed S9 for many years, but this week the Hospital supplied me with a new Autosense 10 to fix a Humidifier fault.

I revisited the "Wireless" possibilities since I had a FlashAir W03 card unused since I tried it on the S9 and abandoned it min frustration.

This works fine with the Airsense 10 since it does not get upset by the hidden files on the card.

Day one I imported from the SD card direct, all was fine. but day 2 I imported data using FlashPAP and I saw the "Pressure values are guessed" message. I am having WiFi issues and think FlashPAP missed the STR.edf file yesterday.

I have now imported the data direct from the card and updated the STR.edf file and Oscar has identified the correct data and the message is gone.

Hope this helps.
Diagnosed October 2013.
Resmed S9 + H20 for 7 years
2020 updated  ResMed Autosense 10 and F20 Mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 921 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 810 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!) spetzal 14 1,199 12-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question INSTALL QUESTION OF OSCAR UPDATE ON MAC Plmnb 2 582 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Question re: creating a report via OSCAR PaulaO2 14 978 10-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.