Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar review data after 5+ years?
oscar review data after 5+ years?
is there anything i can do to optimize my ahi? 

i recently bought a climatelineair for my machine which i think is really nice

[Image: G9PIKGn.png]

[Image: c2zYHTI.png]

[Image: ivEtOnd.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar review data after 5+ years?
A minimum pressure of 4 is a bit low. Most folk can feel "air starved" with this low pressure.

Are you sleeping through the night? I'd like to see a minimum pressure of 7cm with a maximum of 15cm. Set EPR to 2.

Give it a couple days at these settings and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
just locked in these settings, looking forward to trying it out tonight ! never knew about epr

and yes im sleeping the entire night
Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief) helps when breathing out against pressure.
By using EPR 3, the exhale pressure will drop by that amount.
Example: Minimum pressure 7cm minus 3 EPR = exhale pressure of 4.

Note: In some folk this can cause an increase in Clear Airway events, but we would watch for that. On the flip side, EPR can help with Flow Limitations and Hypopnea.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
let me know what you think. i woke up super bloated this morning i think its all the air. 

also here are some older days where ive had good ahi on 4 - 9: https://imgur.com/a/nHwvgAM (so its not impossible?)

heres the 7-15 days

[Image: uvjxMil.png]

[Image: sOTC4uB.png]

[Image: 1XFiQIK.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Being "super bloated" isn't good. This is what is called Aerophagia (the swallowing of air).

And yes, when you used pressures of 4-9, your results were good. My recommendation of 7-15 was so that you could implement the EPR feature. It doesn't really kick in with pressures much under 6 or 7. But if your experiencing Aerophagia, then revert back to your original settings. You can try to inch it up slowly over a period of days, start with 5-9.

The goal is comfort and the results with a slightly higher setting 7-15 were not that significant. The pressure never went much past 9 even though set to 15.

Read the Optimizing Therapy link in my signature line.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.