Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar "up to date" but no data
RE: oscar "up to date" but no data
I'm working on testing just what's going on here, and working ao a way to automatically purge a day when the number of mask events is different between the existing data and the new import.

I'll keep you posted here.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like a great improvement!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
3 str.edf files have been uploaded to Guy's dropbox.
Post Reply Post Reply
The str.edf files look perfectly normal to me, so I think they are not a problem.

Duplicate sessions cause everything to be counted twice (or more). AHI etc. can double or more depending on the number of duplicates. I think duplicate sessions must be a result of duplicated session information in the database or in a cache. But apparently this gets corrected by the following day.

I don't know enough about this part of the code to speculate on how this happens. But Phil's proposed change to compare number of mask on/off events to session records is likely to fix the problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's weird behavior but for all practical purposes it's not a problem as long as it corrects itself after restarting and/or downloading the next night's data. thanks for taking a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
This, or something similar has been a problem far longer than OSCAR has been around. It is NOT ok. The data needs to be accurate every day. The work around of it will self correct is ok, but is not sufficient. OSCAR started because of problems we knew about, let alone the ones we did not know about. Identified problems will be addressed. If not fixed there will be a specific reason for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar "up to date" but no data Update on Testing
After a couple of tries, I have reproduced the first part of this situation.

My first try, I napped one afternoon, and imported it that evening. I t declared that it was using the previous day's settings... odd.  The next day, late in the afternoon, I got back to import again. I happened to notice that the STR.edf file had been modified at 12:10... and the import went straight through with no problems... no warnings, none of my extra debug statements.

So I tried again. The evening's import went OK, and this time there were no problems with the settings. This morning, the import said "Up to date - no new info' - and I got a Warning that said the new file was shorter than the existing... (I have an error in the test - using > instead of >=). Now I could purge the day, but that won't change the saved STR file, so I'll hit the same erroneous test. Instead, I am waiting until after 12:10, and I will see if the import works.

Then I will recompile with the test fixed and repeat the cycle of tests....
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
as I posted earlier, oscar reported my first settings when I changed them after less than a minute (as I recall) at the first settings. yesterday I did the same thing: changed settings after less than a minute at the first settings and this morning oscar reports the night at the second settings. apparently opposite of the former instance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, Good (not!) I do love a consistent computer.

I will also be doing more testing along these lines as well. I will be trying to figure out just what gets updated at 12:10.
Post Reply Post Reply
After midday an str file gets written with the current settings I believe if the machine is powered on
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.