Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

over 100 days in to therapy, seeking feedback
RE: over 100 days in to therapy, seeking feedback
That's OK Gideon. I think we're still on the same page after all. Maybe I flubbed the phrases or something but this covers a lot of ground to BPAP and enroute to ASV if applicable, with a lot of symptom and complaints...

Until we get this from Mike L, it's not good therapy. "well rested most nights"
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the advice! I started a log this morning, and I like the idea of getting a pulsometer and will look into purchasing one today. Since I'm not getting any OSIs I thought I'd try and keep taking the pressure lower and if that makes the centrals better and help me find the edge of where obstructive starts again. I took the CPAP pressure from 7.6 to 5.6 and woke up feeling pretty good (as noted in the log!) I know the CA can swing without any apparent reason, but you can see my results from overnight here. I think I'll leave the pressure here for a bit and see what kind of variation I get. 

thanks!!!!
Mike 

Post Reply Post Reply
These numbers look great! Keep your settings here for at least a week and see what happens, yes Centrals are consistently inconsistent. Keep us posted. It is your comfort that matters the most.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly what Gideon says. If this works out all week, then amazing. Smile Fingers crossed!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that looks pretty good. Keep the critical notes on feel and comfort.

Just remember there's 2 directions with accompanying actions to take. Direction 1 is what you're doing now. Finding out the combo of settings that give you reasonable treatment and comfort. If that can't be found consistently, and to your satisfaction, then maybe you move to direction 2, showing how bad this therapy can be and documenting it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Following up......I felt good for a few of the days with the new settings (5.6 fixed, EPR off), and I got the Wellue pulse oximeter. I woke up Saturday not feeling particularly rested and decided to try and simulate Bi-level with the Autoset and set it at 10 with EPR 3. I know that wasn't the advice anyone gave, but I was curious to see what difference it might make. Anyway woke this morning more fatigued than in a long time, so I'll scratch that idea off the list.......

I'm curious if the pulse readings give any clues to what's happening- does anyone else see similar results? Could the spikes be arousals? Any differences jump out between the low AHI night and the higher one as far as the Pulse Oximeter data?

thanks for your thoughts! Happy July 4th to the Americans on here!
Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
Note: The SPO2 data from the first screen grab with low AHI isn't time synced correctly. I had to adjust the time on the Autoset, the second screen grab should line up with the other data correctly.......
Post Reply Post Reply
What jumps at me is that central Apnea is consistently inconsistent.  How often does this pop up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon- do you mean how often the does heart rate pop up, or the AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure Gideon is asking about the CA (Central Apnea), all those purple flags like in that second OSCAR posted above. CA have been known to be consistently inconsistent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.