Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

overnight oximetry
overnight oximetry
if a person it's going to have an overnight oximetry and I use a CPAP at the same time well thats skew the results? when having this test should a person stay off of their C pap for that one night

Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: overnight oximetry
(02-03-2015, 10:30 PM)me50 Wrote: if a person it's going to have an overnight oximetry and I use a CPAP at the same time well thats skew the results? when having this test should a person stay off of their C pap for that one night

Well, if you are on an xPAP now I suppose you would want to know how your blood O2 does during your normal sleep, i.e. with the machine.

But I am not a doctor.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently had an overnight oximetry test done; I was told not to use my machine.

My O2 sats without APAP were 79%. Nervous
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a friend that did overnight oxi and was told stay off cpap for a few nights before, then run one night without and follow it by one night with cpap. that'll do it.

Me, I got the oximeter, and wear most nights. I sleep without cpap (not for a full 8 hours) once every couple weeks, to measure progress. the diet, exercise, lost weight, and the better sleep, are expected to change me to not needing as much pressure.

So far, having cpap is essential. There is a difference on versus off the cpap. as seen in this screenshot -

[Image: cMzh8jx.png]

QAL

-
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2015, 01:11 AM)dreamzone Wrote: I recently had an overnight oximetry test done; I was told not to use my machine.

My O2 sats without APAP were 79%. Nervous
Hi dreamzone,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The answer would depend on why you're having the overnight oximetry.

Are you trying to figure out whether you have apnea, or whether you have some problem in addition to apnea?

Even if you fix your apnea with CPAP, you may still have some oxygen problems and you'd want an oximitry with CPAP for that.

If you're a confirmed apneac, I'm not sure I see much reason to do a night of oximetry without CPAP.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I I have diagnosed OSA based on a sleep study I've actually had 4 over several years but there are some other issues that I have been going through for the past month and I talk to my doctor about it who wrote the script to have an overnight ox but I won't get that done until Monday so I have not received any instructions and as we know providers are not always forthcoming with information that we need to know prior to having some kind of the procedure or test or something done I had to sleep studies at the end of 2013 and and one of those I was not supposed to use my C PAP the night before but they didn't tell me that so I used to it and it's like pulling teeth to get any information out of the provider and most often I come here and talk to you members here because you can usually get better informationI think the best thing for me to do is to try to reach my doctor tomorrow and see if there's any special instructions but I need to know about thanks all

predictive text is messing with my spelling but I think you can figure stuff out I'm not going to go back and correct it good points and bad points to predictive text one of the good things you have is I don't have to type my messages I can just speak them but I gotta be really careful to try to proofread it sometimes depending on who I'm sending them to me because sometimes they change to word that or not a good idea to send to certain people
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 726 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 436 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 588 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 513 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,581 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 646 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
Sad [CPAP] Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help pavinscpaps 5 937 11-20-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.