Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oximery recording device data
oximery recording device data
I would like to record and analyze my blood oxygen levels using something like CONTEC CMS50F Wrist watch pulse oximeter heart rate monitor. The problem is this device is not compatible with a mac, so I cannot download and view the data. I did actually buy one and tried to use the SleepyHead recommended driver (Serial to UART) but alas does not work on my mac, I think it only works for older version of OS.

I did purchase on of these but sent it back when I discovered I could not download data to my mac. I did not think to check if I could at least view the data on the watch each morning. Perhaps the watch actually allows you to view the data each morning? Does anyone have one of these meters that could tell me if I can actually look at the data on the watch itself?

Does anyone know a way to record and view 24 hours worth of data with this watch or another watch (short of buying a PC)?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oximery recording device data
Many of the members here are using the driver, listed below, in conjunction with SleepyHead and OSCAR to import SpO2 data from a Mac.

Here is the site to obtain the correct driver:
Silicon Labs UART to serial drivers :https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Another option (I understand) is to get Parallels, a Windows emulator for Mac. You can then use the SpO2 Assistant Windows software.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did this installation of the driver but could not connect to the watch. Is there anyone actively using this set up?  Maybe I should start a new post "help with Contec CMS50F Wrist-worn Pulse Oximeter on Mac"? What do you think? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a very good idea.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my last reply I have looked around for another solution and although it is about 2X the price I am getting a Lookee O2 monitor. No lights to bother you during sleep, thumb ring to wrist strap, data downloads to phone app, it will vibrate if O2 levels are low. I think this is a better option for me. Thanks for this forum and for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Torontek B400 oximeter which seems to be a re-branded CMS50F. The instruction sheet says that Mac software can be downloaded fro http://torontek.com/product/torontek-b400
I don't have a Mac, so I haven't tried it.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2019, 06:12 PM)pageski Wrote: Thank you for your reply!

Did you try the toron-tek Mac software download with your CMS50F?  If so, how is it working?  Can data also be transferred to Oscar?  Thanks

(05-26-2019, 02:29 PM)pageski Wrote: Since my last reply I have looked around for another solution and although it is about 2X the price I am getting a Lookee O2 monitor. No lights to bother you during sleep, thumb ring to wrist strap, data downloads to phone app, it will vibrate if O2 levels are low. I think this is a better option for me. Thanks for this forum and for your help!

Sorry, missed this entry.  Hope this works well for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2019, 01:32 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Another option (I understand) is to get Parallels, a Windows emulator for Mac.  You can then use the SpO2 Assistant Windows software.
Does Parallels support apps that require 64-bit Windows?  I frequently provide proprietary video (and viewing software) to people and many have Macs and are unable to run the program.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 124 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 960 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 342 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 377 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 389 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.