Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oximeters compatible with Oscar
oximeters compatible with Oscar
Is there a listing that has the oximeters that are compatible with Oscar?
Also is there a wiki that gives a good explanation on what features are available and exactly what these terms mean?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oximeters compatible with Oscar
Hope this helps.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters

Others might offer some information on what they use or like.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks opal rose, will look at it now
Post Reply Post Reply
I went on line and many of the oximeters mentioned in the wiki don’t seem to be made anymore except for the real expensive ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what you consider real expensive, but the Contec CMS50F is typically about $80 (US).  The compatible Wellue models are about $150 and up.

I have both the CMS50F and the Wellue SleepU and both can be imported into OSCAR using their respective software to get the data from the oximeter.
The CMS50F only has Windows software.  Wellue has Windows and Mac software.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff, can you tell me is the cms 50 f probe that is on your finger all night comfortable and does it stay on all night?  I like the idea you wear it like a watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry another question Jeff, does it come with everything you need including the charger? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS-50F's micro USB port doubles to connect the probe sensor and the data communication/charging cable.  The charging/data cable has a micro USB on one end and a regular USB plug on the other. The package does not include an AC/USB power supply. You can use a cell phone power adapter or your computer's USB port for power. A lot of the newer multi-plug power strips have USB charging ports on them as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks crimson nape,going to order one
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2022, 06:46 AM)yankees123 Wrote: Thanks Jeff, can you tell me is the cms 50 f probe that is on your finger all night comfortable and does it stay on all night?  I like the idea you wear it like a watch.

The CMS50F has a "DuckBill" type of sensor.  I have not had any problems with it staying in place while I sleep, but I am a very "still" sleeper.  If you move around a lot while you sleep  then you might try taping it to your finger if needed.

As Crimson Nape said, it comes with the communications/charging cable.  Also in the box somewhere there should be a link to get their software (Smart Device Assistant (Windows only)).

Mine is about 2 years old now and still works fine.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 525 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation Crimson Nape 33 8,336 10-10-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Herqliz
  Is built-in oximeter data compatible with OSCAR? farnsy 25 4,878 12-20-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Bad news about oximeters plumager 2 646 10-19-2022, 10:04 PM
Last Post: a21900
  What pulse ox is compatible with OSCAR? anyadee23 3 1,133 10-07-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  AQUIRED OXIMETER, WAS TOLD WOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY MAC. IN NEED OF SET UP HELP Plmnb 12 2,012 05-19-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oximeters for OSCAR and macos Sisyphos 7 963 10-27-2021, 06:33 PM
Last Post: S. Manz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.