Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

p30i making more noise than it used to
RE: p30i making more noise than it used to
My supplier here doesn't even sell the parts separately, just the whole n30i mask. Do you know a site that has the p30i piece with holes? I haven't seen it anywhere
Post Reply Post Reply
You may remove the mesh with suitable tweezers, but it's nearly impossible to get the mesh back.

On the other hand one can apply some mesh in the holes-variant to reduce the noise.  Done it by myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2020, 04:27 AM)multicast Wrote: You may remove the mesh with suitable tweezers, but it's nearly impossible to get the mesh back.

On the other hand one can apply some mesh in the holes-variant to reduce the noise.  Done it by myself.

Yes I figured this out thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Since we're talking about the n30i/p30i - any suggestions on how to clean the inside of the frame? All I do is soak it for a while, then rinse with plenty of water. Not sure it's doing the job.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a small bottle brush as seen in the pic below:

Be sure to remove the coupling to the tube first!  Otherwise it may be damaged: see that little ring in the picture? 

It's supposed to sit at the inner side of the coupling as shown to the left.  In the right one I ripped it off accidentally with that brush ...

Using that brush you can clean the inside thoroughly, it'll be like new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Off to get me a baby bottle brush. Haven't owned one in 25 years  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread is really interesting to me.

I used a Respironics Dreamwear for a long time; when this mask came out I was reluctant to try it because of bad experiences with the Respironics one. (It leaked, and it moved around a lot. That bothered me.

Maybe next time I'll get the P30i...to replace my N20 (and chinstrap)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2020, 09:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I don't believe the "Mask Fit" option records any data.  You might be able to use this function to dry your hose.  The only downside to using your CPAP to dry the hose is the accumulative time added to the blower unit.   These are rated in usage hours. 

@ Crimson Nape

thanks for the heads up, this may be a better way to dry the hose, faster air flow, quicker dry time.

Today I washed and rinsed the inside of the F30i headgear and attached it to the hose and ran the Mask Fit for 1hr 05 min.

Prior to that the Resmed showed Run hours of 2293, and after that 2294, so yes as you said it adds this as run hours.

Before running the Mask Fit the Resmed showed 9.07 hours
After running the Mask Fit it had recorded 9.13 hours, with 2 sessions added onto the SD card as per attached. So it did not record the full 1 hour and 15 minutes on to the SD card, but only around 5 minutes extra. See highlighted session information.
This reflects me connecting/disconnecting headgear and the brush end of the bottle brush, which means it detects some resistance to flow and records this.
So, a better way for me to dry the hose would be to run Mask Fit, it only needs 10 - 15 minutes or less to dry the hose and headgear.
If I do this once a week this will only add a negligible percentage of run hours: say 7 hrs per 7 nights, = 50 hours = 300 minutes, 15 minutes only around 0.5% increase in run hours.
I can't be too unhappy with that, given how convenient it is. Good idea to remove the SD card so as not to record this as a session.

[attachment=28517]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used mask fit for 4 years to dry my hose and it's never shown up as a session on the machine display or in sleepyhead and oscar. mask fit automatically turns off after 3 minutes, so if you went for more than an hour, you must have reset it more than 20 times. instead, I suspect you hit the machine's on button, which explains the new sessions but I can't make any sense of the discrepancy between 1+ hours you say you ran mask fit and the two session times of 4 and 1 minutes - something doesn't add up. btw, it only takes one or two cycles of 3 minutes each to adequately blow out the water droplets so using it adds even fewer hours than one might think.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 07:10 PM)sheepless Wrote: I've used mask fit for 4 years to dry my hose and it's never shown up as a session on the machine display or in sleepyhead and oscar.  mask fit automatically turns off after 3 minutes, so if you went for more than an hour, you must have reset it more than 20 times.  instead, I suspect you hit the machine's on button, which explains the new sessions but I can't make any sense of the discrepancy between 1+ hours you say you ran mask fit and the two session times of 4 and 1 minutes - something doesn't add up.  btw, it only takes one or two cycles of 3 minutes each to adequately blow out the water droplets so using it adds even fewer hours than one might think.

Mask Fit does not shut the machine off after its 3 minute cycle. It switches from Mask Fit mode to Therapy mode, then if SmartStart is enabled, SmartStart will shut it down, and then cool down mode will kick-in. SmartStart may sometimes fail to shut it down, if it doesn't sense enough back-pressure because of too much resistance., ie extra small pillows.

If you watch Mask Fit, at the three minute mark, you will see the Mask Fit display switch over to the Therapy Display.

If the OP's mask fit is showing up as a session, it's because he has SmartStart turned off, or it's turned on and SmartStart isn't sensing that he's not at the end of the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 590 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,282 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.