Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pain in my lungs
pain in my lungs
As I mentioned before, I have found out that I could help minmize the hypnic jerks in my throat "laryngospasm?" as recommended here on the forum by setting up my trigger to very high and cycle to high, PS to 4, min Ti 0.5 and max Ti 1.8,  and with experimenting min IPAP to 7.6 for almost a week with same numbers.
I am waking up still but feel little more refreshed than before.

the issue is I started to expirement "soreness" in my lungs by the end of the night, it feels like when you have slept on one side for too long, but it's in my lungs! 
front and back of my chest, so i keep changing positions which from right side to left side and vice versa, till i can't take it anymore and remove the mask.

I'm not sure if this is because of the cycle? the high PS ?
Also do you see a way to improve these graphs to minimize the awekenings?

thanks and happy new year!
[attachment=38531][attachment=38532][attachment=38533]
RE: pain in my lungs
I had to go back to your other thread to have a baseline to compare to. It may be best to keep this in one therapy thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ear?page=2

I think any discomfort will clear up as you adapt to the higher pressure support. When you were using PS 2 your tidal volume was 320 mL median and 680 mL 95%. With the increased pressure support, tidal volume has moved to 420 median and 560 95%.  Not very different, and your respiration rate is slightly slower and minute vent higher with the higher pressure support.  The feeling of your lungs getting a workout is not uncommon with higher PS.  Your therapy is good under either settings, but you are working to improve comfort and reduce arousal, so you are the best judge of whether this is being accomplished with the new higher PS.

[Image: 1N0vJnK.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-31-2021, 04:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I had to go back to your other thread to have a baseline to compare to. It may be best to keep this in one therapy thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ear?page=2

I think any discomfort will clear up as you adapt to the higher pressure support. When you were using PS 2 your tidal volume was 320 mL median and 680 mL 95%. With the increased pressure support, tidal volume has moved to 420 median and 560 95%.  Not very different, and your respiration rate is slightly slower and minute vent higher with the higher pressure support.  The feeling of your lungs getting a workout is not uncommon with higher PS.  Your therapy is good under either settings, but you are working to improve comfort and reduce arousal, so you are the best judge of whether this is being accomplished with the new higher PS.

[Image: 1N0vJnK.png]

Thanks for checking, I want to add that :
1- today I couldn't continue more than 6 hrs, because it was more painful. 
2- I just recovered from possible omicron infection,  I breath normal when awake, but nit sure if this does something. 

Would reducing the PS to 3 maybe help adapting ?
Thanks
It's a comfort issue, so try reducing PS and see if htat helps. Results were not bad at PS 2 other than whatever that custom user flag is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Sounds odd to me. I would go back to previously comfortable settings and see if the discomfort/pain is still present. If it is I would ask doctor to look into it in the off chance it is related to recent illness.

If the discomfort goes away when switching settings back then adjust the settings one at a time to figure out which one is causing the discomfort. The higher PS forces your lungs to expand more and the trigger and cycle settings could be out of sync with your spontaneous breathing. I imagine either could cause discomfort although I personally haven't seen anything described as painful before.

The one thing I do note from the examples posted are small leaks ending in arousal. These leaks may be disturbing your sleep quality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Lactic acidosis in the lungs justdano 5 356 01-13-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 338 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,090 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.