Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

periodic breathing
periodic breathing

Anyone know about this periodic breathing is all about?
Community is people helping each other overcome some adversity. Sometimes it's a hurricane, other times it's a monopolist industry that benefits from keeping people in the dark about their own medical data or scaring them into thinking they aren't capable of managing their own treatment. Thankfully people will always develop community no mater what the adversity is. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: periodic breathing
It’s exactly that periodic breathing where the flow rate waxes and wane’s not much you can do about it with your current machine. An ASV would treat it
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand. I didn't have centrals in my sleep study. ASV is for treating Central Apnea right? And my centrals are pretty low compared to what i've seen others have. I"m just starting out. I think i can reduce them once I get the pressure constant. Are you saying this periodic breathing is like a CA?
Community is people helping each other overcome some adversity. Sometimes it's a hurricane, other times it's a monopolist industry that benefits from keeping people in the dark about their own medical data or scaring them into thinking they aren't capable of managing their own treatment. Thankfully people will always develop community no mater what the adversity is. 
Post Reply Post Reply
CAI is a large component of your AHI. Waxing and Waning is an indication that your CO2 levels may be bouncing near your apneic threshold. This is typically what Treatment Emergent Central Apnea is. For many you body adjusts over 2-3 months, there is no way, other than time, of knowing if this is how you will react.

try setting your flex to less or off. This should reduce your centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a PR machine also and it has always seemed overly sensitive to waxing and waning breathing (Oscar also marks mine as Variable Breathing). I've see the PB statistics for almost 5 years and haven't tried much to get rid of it--sort of waiting for a new Resmed Airsense 10 in September to see if it continues. I have very few CA's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks side sleeper. I did allot of research when I bought the machine. I could have gotten the new resmed and didn't. now i'm getting lots of opinions suggesting I made a mistake in my choice. Whatever, seems to be a common theme in my life. I should have rented first, but I didn't want to waste the money. I was sure i'd gotten the best machine and at a great price. I do like it. Maybe I wouldn't even like the resmed. Next time around, i'm definitely going to try it first before I buy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You provided a zoomed view, you should always provide a full night view as that will tell us what is driving pressure and provide context.

With PR machines it takes more time to optimize them and usually pressure will be higher than for ResMed.

Here is my guess because you did not provide full data , set your min pressure to 8 and your flex off and post your full night's results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,129 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.