Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

periodic leg movement
RE: periodic leg movement
I litterally taped my lips, avoiding all the hair. Think of it as applying chapstick, only with tape.

Keep in mind the concept is not to keep the mouth shut, that jaw is just too strong to do that, but to seal the air in. I can almost always easily slip my tongue between my upper and lower teeth.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
A nice thin strip, ok. That makes sense. I've been going with the wide tape approach, but yes, no tape will overcome my overly used jaw.

Thanks,
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless, even if the only skin contact would be your lips it might be worthwhile to try a small piece to cover only them if you find some method for pressing the gel strip against them that will not slip down and relax inward pressure on the strip.

My adaptation works well with lots of direct skin contact area below the line from bottom of earlobes to 1/4 inch below bottom of the nasal openings divider. 

I think retainer-to-gel-backing friction, together with the clinging property of the gel, keeps the retainer up where it is needed. But that may not be true and there may be other ways to maintain pressure against the lips and reduce slippage of your retainer.

If you get to the point where you want to try the gel strip, PM an address along with dimensions of the enclosing rectangle that would fully cover your  exposed lips. I have enough new material for up to a 2 x 4 inch sample .

Good luck finding some solution. Leaks drive you mad and steal sleep even if below 25 L/min--drove this FFM-prescribed mouth breather to find a way to use P10 nasal pillows and the bleep, "things that won't work" for my kind.

2SB
Post Reply Post Reply
"You are taping the lips, not the beard anyway."

yep, that pretty much describes the problem! thin lips, virtually no exposed skin around them to secure tape to. won't stick to whiskers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  periodic breathing rebirth 6 167 07-30-2020, 09:35 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Equipment] AirSense10 SD card data movement on ResScan software Maury54 6 205 07-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Return to treatment - CA's and Periodic Breathing Kev73 27 1,864 07-16-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Kev73
  Highest Periodic Breathing, Leaks and Apnea Ever! jennie54 54 1,411 06-21-2020, 11:30 AM
  New machine, high centrals & periodic breathing petemsw 9 461 05-15-2020, 09:45 PM
  [Diagnosis] Help request: is this really Periodic Breathing? spioch 4 446 10-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: spioch
  Trying To Interpret Periodic Breathing In Oscar charrob 3 881 06-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: charrob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.