- tried going without humidifier, wake up with dry mouth and throat. I would prefer to figure out and solve this problem.
- I figured maybe it was because I live in Florida, warm and with high humidity. But my dad uses a cpap too, and also lives in Florida and doesn't seem to notice a problem. Maybe I have mold sensitivity?
- I thought maybe I have a mold problem in my house, as I recall it being less of a problem in my previous house. So I went to Lowes and bought one of those test kits where you leave the little petri dish open for a day then close it. I was expecting a gross jungle, like food forgotten in the fridge for 6 months, but hardly anything grew in it.
- I thought maybe it was from that time I stayed in a hotel and knocked my cpap off the nightstand, maybe splashing water from the humidifier tank deeper inside. But a few months back my power brick died while under warranty and they gave my a whole new machine. The new one has the same problem.
- My previous CPAP, a Resmed S9, did this but to a lesser degree. The Airsense 10 I have now is a nicer machine but there are things I don't like about its design - the two soft rubber pieces that the humidifier tank mates with for example, only one is removable and cleanable. And sometimes it makes a squealing noise because they didn't seal properly against the tank, and I have to take the tank out and pop it back in sometimes a couple of times before it seals. Also don't like all the sharp 90 degree angles in the air path, moisture collects more at these bends.
I'm not sure what I should do next. But if anyone else has experienced this, knows a solution, etc. I would be grateful.
Also, I am considering getting rid of my Airsense 10 and either buying a Dreamstation, or just going back to my Resmed S9, so any suggestions on where I could sell my Airsense 10 and get the most for it would also be appreciated (I understand you can't put them on ebay).