Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

persistent odor problem
persistent odor problem
I got my new Philips Resporonics Dreamstation from HDK ENT - Southside Infusion / DME located at 7700 Main Street Houston Texas 77030 (713-660-8888).  The machine has so much odor that I am not able to use it effectively since I wake up with headache!  I have complained to various people at the company and they have been telling me that there is nothing wrong with the machine.  It is just the plastic smell and it is not going to hurt you!  I have gotten replacement Switft FX Mask- Nasal Pillow which is not the issue.  I have been keeping the hose and the machine clean.  We have moved to a brand new house since last September 2018.  I have searched the internet and have found some complaints and seen reports of the odor issues.  I have requested Southside Infusion to replace this machine, since I am not been able to use it effectively.  I have been forcing my self to use since my oxygen level drops when I do not use it.  Since Medicare is providing it, the company is threatening me that they will will take my machine away!  What a nonsense!  They are not willing to take care of the replacement and keep giving me hard time.  I have cell phone and Vonage phone record of how many times I have called them.  I am completely unsatisfied with the machine and service that I have received so far!  I wanted all forum members to know about this issue.

DreamStation HUM Core Pack DOM DSXHCP

DreamStation Auto CPAP HUM HT Cell DDM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: persistent odor problem
good for you! don't let 'em get away with it. I fought dme for almost 3 years over overcharges. where's the incentive to not cut corners & provide decent customer services if no one complains?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to say you guys are responding to a 3 yr old thread, but some people are sensitive to odours, but they should dissipate after a couple of days, there is nothing harmful in the odours
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get condensation in the hose and machine after you turn it off. This can invite mold and other issues. You need to remove the humidifier chamber right after you turn the machine off. Then dump the water.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] persistent odor problem
I split this thread into a new topic as "Coolpal" is posting about a new problem. Hopefully he will receive more help in this new thread.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] persistent odor problem
(12-03-2019, 09:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I split this thread into a new topic as "Coolpal" is posting about a new problem. Hopefully he will receive more help in this new thread.

Unfortunately he has not been back since this one and only post

Coolpal let us know how your doing now
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 726 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 390 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.