Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

philips system one series 60 to resmed aircurve asv
philips system one series 60 to resmed aircurve asv
Ok its been awhile since I have been here as I did get all my settings to an ok results.  My old machine Philips series 60 asv worked ok but still had some issues with it and it finally hit 5.5 years old and the doctor agreed it was time to replace the machine.  From all my reading here everyone said the resmed aircurve was the best unit to get so after some discussions with doc he also agreed. 

The unit just came today and I got the heated hose hooked up and got fimiliar with the unit some.  I noticed they already set the pressures and set the humidifier and heated hose to auto.  Now my old Phillips machine did not work well with auto humidification, is this unit the same way?

Also noticed the water tank is really small compared to my old one.  I used to use almost all the water in my old machine, is this really going to be enough water in the new machine?

What else should I know about this new machine?  Any helpful tips and tricks?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: philips system one series 60 to resmed aircurve asv
Are you using a heated tube or standard. If heated, set Humidity to Manual, Setting 4, tube temp 80 and start from there.

Be sure to put a SD card in the slot, and update your Sleepyhead to the new OSCAR. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I am running the heated house..I always keep my room cold at night and had issues with the non heated hose...I will give those setting a try.

Any issues with the machine I should keep an eye on?  How long do the filters normally last?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Aircurve 10 ASV machine has a monthly filter change recommendation, and most insurance does replacement accordingly. That works, or whenever you remember or the filter turns gray. Most people get a lot more time than the standard replacement cycle, and it kind of depends if it comes out of your pocket. A filter becomes more efficient as it loads, just avoid too much pressure drop from ridiculously dirty.

Your machine is the best on the market for complex and central apnea and any kind of periodic breathing. The only thing to be aware of is you can take control back from the machine at any time by blowing back and then breathing deliberately for a couple breaths. It remembers your baseline rate and volume of breathing and applies pressure support to maintain that. If you jump into bed and mask up, the machine might try to maintain a high respiration rate and volume as you start to sleep. That can be disruptive. Mask up after you have had time to settle a bit, and your transition to sleep will be easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing much to add. Let's see an OSCAR chart and we can help determine how well it's doing by the numbers. You add in how well it's doing by what you feel about the therapy. One additional note on this ASV is that it will attempt to say "hello" via a pressure blow just about the time you drift off to sleep soon after you start using this ResMed ASV. It is not broke. It has said hello so say hi back by blowing back through the mask. It is maybe a misread of the sleep/wake transition for sleep pattern or that most of us settle back and maybe do slight breath holds as we settle back into bed.

I have used an identical ASV and it will combat and effectively destroy any apnea it encounters. It has but a few settings and is very easy to adjust.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok slept good last night, actually dreamed which I haven't done in some time...way better then the old machine.  The app said I had .5 events per hour.  Is there a way to see my ahi, average ps and a bunch of others on the machine like my old one?  Maybe I have to out and in Oscar but it was nice to see it right in unit...  Also is there an auto start setting on this new machine, maybe I should read manual...

added export data

Attached Files
.csv   OSCAR_2021-01-16.csv (Size: 474 bytes / Downloads: 1)
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have OSCAR. I am not going to open your csv file. Please take a screenshot of your daily details using the F12 function of the menu View / Screenshot. This will save a .png file in your Documents/ Oscar-Data/ Screenshots folder. Attach that to a post.

Your machine produces a sleep report. Just turn the control knob and highlight Sleep Report and select by pushing the knob once. There are options to view the 1-day, 7-day, 30 day averages. Select the 1-day and scroll through the results. If you need more details, go to the Settings and scroll down to Essentials and change from On to Plus.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
sorry here you go, been awhile uploading and remembering what all you guys need...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like excellent therapy with one event every 2-hours and fairly steady EPAP pressure. This is how we hope to see complex apnea treated, and the machine titrated you to less than 7.0 on the median EPAP and just under 8.0 for the 95th percentile. There is nothing in this that would suggest a need to change settings. I think most of our members find the Resmed ASV to be more comfortable and effective than a Philips, and it seems you agree, at least with this first glance. You didn't mention any issues with humidification, so maybe what works for me, works for you. I'm all ears. This is your therapy, what are your thoughts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29194]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Data looks very well treated. No therapy setting edits as this looks very good. How did it feel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,811 11 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,027 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,988 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,487 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.