Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

please advise new user oxi graph
please advise new user oxi graph
I've recorded the below from oxi.  I've done several, similar.  I have an oxi CMS 50D+ and per profile no CPAP.

Being new to this, appreciate any feedback.  Someone mentioned concern that I had dips below 90 when sleeping, they seem few and short to me, some seem related to heart pulse when I get up in middle of the night.  I see some black marks at top of graph, but oxi taped to finger and stays on all night.  I'm a pretty calm sleeper, mostly on sides, no snoring.  I am 70, female, have afib diagnosed a year ago, no symptoms now, only med is anticoagulant.

I fall asleep in bed after about a half hour or hour of TV.  Heart rate normally 60's, at night pulse rate in 50's.  Daytime oxi in mid-90s.

Also, can you tell rem sleep?

oxi graph July 22

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2RWWP...0pnTlBBOEk

oxi report July 22
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2RWWP...lRfUjBuZHM

oxi graph July 25

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2RWWP...3VOMnVIQ1E
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: please advise new user oxi graph
I don't see anything alarming, or that requires intervention here. Impossible to tell REM from SpO2 graph but could speculate that the highly variable periods could correspond to REM. If you are feeling rested, and don't have any other indications of sleep disturbance (snoring, headaches, fatigue) then nothing to worry about. What prompted you to monitor SpO2?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the oxi because sleep apnea is so common for those with afib. I feel less energy, a bit more of "tired" than when younger, but that can be unrelated. Tougher to get up in a.m. I do sleep soundly, when up in middle of night I go back to sleep quickly. About 8 hours normally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oxi numbers seem ok to me. I am younger than you and have slightly better spo2 numbers and I add oxygen to my cpap. Just 1-2 LPM of oxygen. I do it as personal preference. If i didnt have a mask on my face I wouldnt bother. Insurance will not pay for me or you to get oxygen if that helps answer your concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 254 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 292 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,135 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.