Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

please algorythm on autoset Explain
please algorythm on autoset Explain
Hello Tahnk you for your interest,
I use a Autosense 10 machine on auto set,the clinitian set it to
6 and I use the machine,I've had Apnea all my life and get woken sometimes wit 9 pressure and it's to strong to go straight bac to sleep
it seems to take ages to drop back down.Asked the people at Resmed what was going on an they said it was designed to decend slowly,and if It was bothering me puy it on smartstart and take the mask of till it stops and reboots back at 4.My question is this, sometimes I wake up and it's around 6 and 20 minutes later it's still around six and does not go back down to for when wearing my mask,the question is they program 6 into the machine even when it running on auto set but does the machine still try to maintain 6 pressure even in autoset mode? or should it go back to 4 if your not having an event,I hope yopu get wahyt I mean thank you all:grin::grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: please algorythm on autoset Explain
If you want smart start to reduce the pressure then you have to take the mask off.
When this happens to me I just push the button and turn the machine off and then right back on, that will start the cycle back from the beginning with low pressure.

Are you sure you mean smart start and not Auto ramp? Perhaps using auto ramp would help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: please algorythm on autoset Explain
cajones,
Please confirm what model CPAP you have. Your profile says AirSense 10 Elite, which is a straight CPAP, not an Auto machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 75 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 197 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 524 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,453 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,903 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  [Treatment] New mask - can anyone explain some of these shifting numbers? CruzVevo 6 663 01-15-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed EPR…someone explain? spetzal 19 1,797 01-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Lynandra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.