Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air fit vs Air touch
Air fit vs Air touch
Anybody can tell me the difference between Resmed airfit and airtouch ffmask....  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air fit vs Air touch
The only difference is the seal. On the airfit the seal is all silicone and on the airtouch it has a layer of foam on top of the silicone for comfort. Other wise they're the same.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
They have a different feel and fit. People seem to have very clear preferences for one or the other.

But note, the differences are only in the cushions. The rest of the contraption is identical.

While you’re getting FFMs sorted out, you might also look at the Resmed F10 (which I use because the F20 didn’t fit quite right) and the F&P Simplus. Through Supplier #1 you can get return insurance, which makes it cost effective to try several masks before you commit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.. I wish I could use that supplier but I live in Canada and I don’t think  they deliver here..
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirTouch has memory foam at the seal. Some have reported that it does not stand up well to cleaning so the lifespan will probably be much shorter than the silicone seal of the AirFit. I have been using the same AirFit F20 cushion for 11 months with no sign of deterioration. I wash it daily. I doubt the memory foam of the AirTouch would hold up as well. I can't comment on relative comfort. I find the AirFit to be very comfortable and leak free so have no desire to try the AirTouch.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did try the Airtouch. The deal breaker? I went to re-situate the mask on my face in the dark of night and clawed into the foam. Night 1. No thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using the F-20 Airfit Silicone and was having leak issues and bought the Airtouch Foam.  Used it one night and damaged slightly cleaning it and put it away.  For my money, the Silicone Airfit is a better bet than the Foam airtouch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree the silicone holds up better and for me gives a better seal.  Tried a brand new airtouch recently and tore on the bridge area the first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JoseeB,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with finding a mask that you like.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree the silicone holds up better and for me gives a better seal.  Tried a brand new airtouch recently and tore on the bridge area the first night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 505 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  F20 Touch (foam) cushion --Longer Use and Larger Leaks snorin2 18 2,075 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,470 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 772 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,515 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947
  Water droplets in my air touch f20 mask yankees123 9 2,272 10-15-2020, 04:44 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Question Air Touch N20 usertc 7 2,819 09-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.