Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

poor results [Please Advise]
poor results [Please Advise]
two sessions last night, the second a train wreck

second session
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: poor results
Keeping your therapy thread in one place really helps those of us that are trying to form a cohesive idea of what is going on, and how you respond to changes we might suggest.  In your other thread on Respiration Rate http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion-levels  where you posted results, there was a pattern that suggested a potential problem with chin tucking.  This pattern continues in your most recent results. 

Please read our wiki on positional apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea  Look at the examples of data there and how similar that data is to your own results.  I think you would benefit from finding and using a soft cervical collar that is comfortable and supportive of your jaw to prevent chin-tucking.  Your events are all obstructive or end-of-night CA from sleep transition and disruption.  They are associated with flow limitation, and events are clustered.  You will have to decide for yourself if you want to resolve this and try out a C-collar.  I can only say that many members thought a collar is the worst idea ever, but benefited with very low AHI and comfortable sleep when they used one.  The only other tool you have is pressure.  You should increase minimum pressure to 9.0 and consider allowing maximum pressure of 20.  If this does not open your airway, then you would have a good argument to return to your doctor with these poor results and ask him to consider a bilevel like the Aircurve 10 Vauto. 

Please use this thread for future updates rather than starting new threads.  This will help both you and us to see the progress and help you more efficiently. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13480]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13497]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize , I’ll familiarize myself better with protocol.

And thank you for suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second Sleeprider's recommendation of a soft cervical collar. I was one who thought it would be very uncomfortable but I've used one for almost 2 years and barely notice it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m now scheduled for overnight titration study

End of month 

Seems wise at this point 

Thanks, all
Post Reply Post Reply
I won't argue with an overnight study, but take your own pillow and try to simulate your home environment as closely as possible. The problem with clinical studies is they are a one-off evaluation, and the closer they are to your normal sleep conditions, th e better. Good luck, and keep us advised of how it goes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I really want to commit to this.  The nasal pillow produced good AHI but leaks.  The mask is seemingly random on AHI but better leak values. 

I wonder if the mask , because of the full strap, exaggerates my chin tucking?

I will certainly stay in contact with this helpful group.  I’m reading the wiki pages too.
Post Reply Post Reply
What mask are you using. Your profile says nasal prongs, but I'm sure that is wrong. Your leaks are actually pretty good in the last couple charts. That is not the problem. We are not very aware of our posture during sleep, and the purpose of a soft cervical collar is to train you to avoid a fetal position or chin-tucking that is a problem. Many users find they eventually don't need it. It's not just laying on your back. Some of the worst positional apnea we have seen has been seen when the sleeper is on their side, or using an ergonomic pillow. The collar works because it moves with you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Dreamwear full mask last week or so

Phillips dreamwear nasal pillow in periods prior
Post Reply Post Reply
Do cervical collars assist with mouth breathing?  Seems like they might.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 174 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 154 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 127 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.