Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

position monitor
position monitor
Occasionally i will have segments with a very high AHI rate. I am believing this happens when I am on my back. Does any one know of a position monitor that could verify this?

Thanks, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: position monitor
did just that a few years ago with a cheap web cam, a couple IR LED light sources and a cheap netbook running Linux

The computer would wait until movement was in progress and would start taking 2 frames a second with time/date stamps.

If you want to go even cheaper just buy a laptop backpack and load three tubes of tennis balls in it.
Wear that to bed with a t-shirt underneath so you dont chafe from the straps.
I guarantee you wont sleep on your back with that rig. It works.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
There's some sleep tracking apps for smartphones that use the movement sensor to allegedly track movement. But they don't work. They only track movement of the phone, not what was moving it and what position you are in.

The tennis ball in the backpack is the most common way to stop you from being on your back. If you are sensitive enough, you can use a single ball or two duct taped or in a pocket placed in just the right spot on your back.

Or you could be like me and just raise the max pressure to compensate. I sleep on my back a lot (on purpose).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2015, 05:08 AM)car54 Wrote: Occasionally i will have segments with a very high AHI rate. I am believing this happens when I am on my back.
Q: AHI ... what are the type of events?
If obstructive, a bit more may helps or set the machine on auto and no need to worry about sleeping position, the machine can take care of it

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 397 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 310 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 457 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Idea [Treatment] POSAS (Position dependant OSAS) A KLERK 6 1,633 02-03-2024, 09:55 AM
  Why do apneas also occur in the prone and lateral position? selfhelpdevice 7 606 12-03-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Friedman Tongue Position Cantbreath95 2 1,274 12-02-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: selfhelpdevice

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.