GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

possible DME problem ??
Can anyone explain to me if I am overlooking an obvious problem with my DME provider? A representative called from their office which is headquartered in another city from where I live. She said it was time for me to order CPAP supplies and wanted to know how my 'therapy' was going? I told her fine and then she told me what Medicare said I am eligible for. Since I only needed the AirFit P10 pillows I told her that was all I needed.

When the box came today it had 5 pillows in it and I am wondering if Medicare is restricting the number of pillows we are allowed to have? I thought that Medicare allows 2 pillows per month which would make the number of pillows come out to be 6....right ??? I detest the idea of having to call their office and explain myself since perhaps they can't do math very well........or is it me that doesn't know how to add?
07-18-2015 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: possible DME problem ??
If you are dealing with Crapria and it sounds like you are, that type of thing is not unusual at all. I requested mask cushions and got a whole new mask........A completely wrong mask. Not just the wrong size but the wrong model and the wrong manufacturer. Make them fix it. it is the only way to try to get them to fix their own problems.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
07-18-2015 02:46 PM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Maybe they actually sent you an extra, as in an every-other-month shipment?
07-18-2015 04:44 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(07-18-2015 04:44 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  Maybe they actually sent you an extra, as in an every-other-month shipment?

If they did the every-other-month shipment thing, they are most definitely making money on it. The invoice that came with my package says they have billed my insurance company $304.50 for 5 pillows making each one cost $60.90. My Dad would have called that practice "robbery-without-a-gun."
07-18-2015 04:51 PM
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Are they sending you supplies for say 2 or 3 months at a time? I would try to find out what you are being charged for, or how many pillows they are billing your insurance for.

They either sent you a 2 month supply with 1 extra, or they sent you a 3 month supply with 1 shortage.

My DME never calls me, I have to call them every month if I want something. And even then, they manage to mess it up.

OpalRose
07-18-2015 05:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

this is why I order monthly. GrammaBear, did they send you a mask even though you didn't ask for it? if so, the cushion that comes with the mask counts as one in their world maybe. If they didn't send the mask, then I have no clue what they are doing. Either way you look at it, when you get supplies in any combination for whatever time period, you should have an even number of cushions.
07-18-2015 05:15 PM
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(07-18-2015 04:51 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(07-18-2015 04:44 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  Maybe they actually sent you an extra, as in an every-other-month shipment?

If they did the every-other-month shipment thing, they are most definitely making money on it. The invoice that came with my package says they have billed my insurance company $304.50 for 5 pillows making each one cost $60.90. My Dad would have called that practice "robbery-without-a-gun."

They only get paid the "approved" amount for that item, and it will be considerably less. However, if they mange to get you to accept more items that what is allowed, the customer gets to pay the full price without insurance discount.

07-18-2015 05:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

(07-18-2015 05:15 PM)me50 Wrote:  this is why I order monthly. GrammaBear, did they send you a mask even though you didn't ask for it? if so, the cushion that comes with the mask counts as one in their world maybe. If they didn't send the mask, then I have no clue what they are doing. Either way you look at it, when you get supplies in any combination for whatever time period, you should have an even number of cushions.

All of my orders up to this time have been for every 3 months. And No, they did not send me a mask, just the 5 pillows. I don't look forward to trying to prove to them over the phone that there are just the 5 pillows.
07-18-2015 05:50 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(07-18-2015 05:50 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(07-18-2015 05:15 PM)me50 Wrote:  this is why I order monthly. GrammaBear, did they send you a mask even though you didn't ask for it? if so, the cushion that comes with the mask counts as one in their world maybe. If they didn't send the mask, then I have no clue what they are doing. Either way you look at it, when you get supplies in any combination for whatever time period, you should have an even number of cushions.

All of my orders up to this time have been for every 3 months. And No, they did not send me a mask, just the 5 pillows. I don't look forward to trying to prove to them over the phone that there are just the 5 pillows.

One pillow is being held hostage.
I would call 1-202-456-1414 and complain.
Say: "Who's the moron that's holding my pillow hostage?"

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-18-2015 06:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(07-18-2015 05:50 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I don't look forward to trying to prove to them over the phone that there are just the 5 pillows.

does the paperwork say they sent 6? I have received the wrong things and wrong quantity before and called and they fixed the problem but I no longer deal with apria and when I did, I ended up going to the district manager because nobody else would return calls and the local DME was almost as bad.
07-18-2015 06:26 PM