Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: possible DME problem ??
I have to say, as someone who pays copay and deductible, the 2 pillows per month is a bit obscene. I got a new mask 6 months ago, and traded for a second pillow in my size, and have been using them since. 2/month. Wow.

07-18-2015 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

(07-18-2015 05:50 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  All of my orders up to this time have been for every 3 months. And No, they did not send me a mask, just the 5 pillows. I don't look forward to trying to prove to them over the phone that there are just the 5 pillows.

GrammaBear,
I know what you mean. Last month, I ordered two nasal pillows and two fine white filters. Well the nasal pillows came, but no filters. So after calling my DME and inquiring about the missing filters, I received the third degree. According to them, the packing slip states that they were in the box. Oh-jeez

OpalRose
07-18-2015 06:31 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(07-18-2015 06:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I have to say, as someone who pays copay and deductible, the 2 pillows per month is a bit obscene. I got a new mask 6 months ago, and traded for a second pillow in my size, and have been using them since. 2/month. Wow.

Don't blame you for being amazed. I can only speak for myself and no one else, but absolutely nothing about Medicare and my secondary insurance makes any sense at all.

I wash the pillows each morning with baby shampoo per instructions from some kind person on this forum, so don't really need new ones as often as they send them either. They did ask me if I wanted filters since I was "eligible" and I told them 'No - don't like your generic filters as they don't quite fit my machine the best as do the ResMed filters.' Lady on the other end of the line says "they are all the same." Ok.........didn't feel like arguing with her.
07-18-2015 06:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

(07-18-2015 06:31 PM)OpalRose Wrote:  
(07-18-2015 05:50 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  All of my orders up to this time have been for every 3 months. And No, they did not send me a mask, just the 5 pillows. I don't look forward to trying to prove to them over the phone that there are just the 5 pillows.

GrammaBear,
I know what you mean. Last month, I ordered two nasal pillows and two fine white filters. Well the nasal pillows came, but no filters. So after calling my DME and inquiring about the missing filters, I received the third degree. According to them, the packing slip states that they were in the box. Oh-jeez

I understand what you're saying. I am almost to the point where I would prefer to pay cash to an online merchant and buy my stuff when I actually need it and then use the cost of these items as a deduction on my income tax. Life seemed so much simpler when I paid cash for stuff.
07-18-2015 06:41 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(07-18-2015 06:41 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I understand what you're saying. I am almost to the point where I would prefer to pay cash to an online merchant and buy my stuff when I actually need it and then use the cost of these items as a deduction on my income tax. Life seemed so much simpler when I paid cash for stuff.

Doesn't work out well. First you have to jump the 7.5% of AGI before it is a deduction. Then jump the standard deduction of $7750 for over 65 years old. If you have a large income, it's difficult to jump A. If a low income, you cannot jump B.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-18-2015 06:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

(07-18-2015 06:59 PM)justMongo Wrote:  
(07-18-2015 06:41 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I understand what you're saying. I am almost to the point where I would prefer to pay cash to an online merchant and buy my stuff when I actually need it and then use the cost of these items as a deduction on my income tax. Life seemed so much simpler when I paid cash for stuff.

Doesn't work out well. First you have to jump the 7.5% of AGI before it is a deduction. Then jump the standard deduction of $7750 for over 65 years old. If you have a large income, it's difficult to jump A. If a low income, you cannot jump B.

Definitely don't have a large income, but will say we've met the standard deduction of $7750 easily the past four years. Walgreen's likes to see me coming Smile
07-18-2015 07:12 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(07-18-2015 06:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  I have to say, as someone who pays copay and deductible, the 2 pillows per month is a bit obscene. I got a new mask 6 months ago, and traded for a second pillow in my size, and have been using them since. 2/month. Wow.

I'm with you there. After 3 months (following the DME guidelines of ordering replacement 'stuff'), I too was surprised when I ordered a replacement cushion and pillow for the mask instead of the entire mask/headgear and she said "Okay that's 2 sets of cushions and 2 pillows. Good for one month". I stuttered. I don't stutter. But I stuttered - and because I stuttered I just managed to come out with "ok". So I received two sets of cushions and pillows. I guess I'm set for the next 6 months? Oh-jeez

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-18-2015 07:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Well, there's your answer then. Call them and tell them that they owe you a pillow. You shouldn't have to prove anything. It's not your fault that the warehouse messed up your order. It happens. If it was a pattern, that would be a different story.

I just got called Friday for my first re-supply - just pillows and filters. It will be interesting to see what I actually get. I didn't think to request Resmed specific - I'll have to remember that next time. Generic fine filters never come up to scratch compared to the ones provided by a machine manufacturer. They do make a difference unless you already use an air cleaner.

I didn't know that Medicare would pay for pillows AND cushions! That's good. My next mask will be a full mask (to use when nose is sore) and then I can get replacement parts for both. Do you know if you are required to buy the mask from the Medicare DME or can you buy your own mask somewhere else and just have the Medicare DME provide replacement cushions?
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 08:13 PM by Mosquitobait.)
07-18-2015 08:01 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(07-18-2015 07:22 PM)AlanE Wrote:  I too was surprised when I ordered a replacement cushion and pillow and she said "Okay that's 2 sets of cushions and 2 pillows. Good for one month". I stuttered. I don't stutter. So I received two sets of cushions and pillows.

what DME do you use? I never heard of a DME giving 2 for each mask type you have per month.
07-18-2015 09:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Aerocare. I just have the one mask.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
07-19-2015 07:50 AM