Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Foggy head
Foggy head
Hello all, after seven months of blowing air into my lungs 100% of my nights, a fog has settled over my brain making me feel similar to how I did before I began CPAP therapy. The inability to focus and little patience. I always had the feeling like I had been trying to inflate my head like a beach ball all night since I began CPAP, but now it seems to be doing little to give me a good nights sleep. I am always getting at least seven hours of CPAP and have my s9 turned to auto with no notable change in pressure ( 6 to 12) and the resscan data looks great. Am I going through a brain chemistry realignment phase, has anyone experienced such a thing at this particular point in their therapy, I have no idea how long I had sleep apnea before I was diagnosed as borderline severe. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Foggy head
What does the data say from your machine? Are you having increased apnea or hypopnea events?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response, over the past four months since I've gotten my s9 my apnea index is .9 on average, spread equally between obstructive and central. Although it may fluctuate a little there has been no uptick in the near past, nothing over 3. 3.6 on leakage, 95th percentile pressure 8.6, pretty much looks like I've been cured, with this therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the pressures have remained fairly much the same as well?

If the AHI is decent, then it could be something unrelated to sleep apnea. Consider seeing your GP. Take a list of your issues.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2012, 07:08 PM)Airhead Wrote: pretty much looks like I've been cured, with this therapy.
CPAP therapy is a treatment not a cure it,ll only treat you if you use it every night all night and when not used apnea would come back Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, you mean it will come back even if you move to a new house?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2012, 09:40 PM)Airhead Wrote: Thanks Zonk, you mean it will come back even if you move to a new house?
What I meant is that unless its been used its not going to help just like if someone stopped taking his blood pressure medication,
his blood pressure would rise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, if I don't use my CPAP tests show I am not breathing for three hours a night, but I have been using it 100% of my sleep time. Maybe I was expecting too much of the therapy. I checked my oxygen levels and they are fine also. I thought maybe my brain was saying thank you for the oxygen, but now I'm going to send you the bill for all the abuse over the previous years of sleep and oxygen deprivation. With a quick search of the Internet I find plenty of CPAP users who still experience a high level of fatigue and wondered if there was a common answer to this phenomena. After sleep apnea drug me to the ground last fall I thought I had the answer for my low level of energy and felt lucky to have diagnosed myself (initially) with sleep apnea. If I have to wear the mask I want my energy. Am I preaching to the choir or is everyone else bouncing off the walls with energy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe your expectations are too high? CPAP is not a magic bullet. To feel good you still need to eat right, avoid certain things like drugs and alcohol, get enough exercise, etc. Now I'm not saying don't drink. An occasional drink is fine. But a healthy lifestyle in combination with reasonable exercise is proven to raise energy levels. I'm just sayin...
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, your CPAP will be your friend for life. It isn't a cure but a treatment much like insulin for diabetics.

And since not every day is the same from the one before it, how you feel will constantly change.

If the memory and sluggishness continue, see your doc.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 678 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,059 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Low AHI, tired foggy mind Artanox 72 4,481 05-05-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 779 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.