Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

prescription setting
prescription setting
where is stored the prescription I have ?
sd card or internal machine memory ?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: prescription setting
if you mean your pressure setting(s), you can see it in the clinical menu or ResScan and/or SleepyHead will tell you too. Hope this helps

EDIT: I get in the clinical menu by pushing the bottom oblong silver button and the round knob. Once in there, there are 4 icons on the left. I find which icon that I want to look at and make my changes or view the info that is there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 09:20 PM)kerm007 Wrote: where is stored the prescription I have ?

Thanks

The start, ramp, max pressures and such are programmed into the machine itself. It is actually not necessary for the SD card to be in the machine for it to work as set up by your sleep docs.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's officially store in the machine (otherwise the machine would not function properly when the SDCard isn't inserted), but it is typically (S9 Autoset for instance) written to the data card and will be read by the machine to update the settings if you change them using Rescan or another program.

Generally, I change my settings with Rescan but you can also change them on the machine if you enter the Clinical Menus.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 09:40 PM)herbm Wrote: It's officially store in the machine (otherwise the machine would not function properly when the SDCard isn't inserted), but it is typically (S9 Autoset for instance) written to the data card and will be read by the machine to update the settings if you change them using Rescan or another program.

Generally, I change my settings with Rescan but you can also change them on the machine if you enter the Clinical Menus.

huh? sorry but your post confused me. can you explain what you mean? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 09:20 PM)kerm007 Wrote: where is stored the prescription I have ?

Thanks
Here's how to access your prescription.
Hold down the two silver buttons by the round dial at the same time. That will show the first set of menus to get into the clinical menu to change the pressure ect, you do the first step with the two buttons and once you are in that view then hold down the round dial and setup button(2 check marks) at the same time this will show a lock at the right side of the screen it will be unlocked and ready for you to change the settings to your personal preferences.

The SD card is located at the back of the machine. You have to access that using a computer. Your sleep results from each night will be there.

Good luck hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 10:34 PM)me50 Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 09:40 PM)herbm Wrote: It's officially store in the machine (otherwise the machine would not function properly when the SDCard isn't inserted), but it is typically (S9 Autoset for instance) written to the data card and will be read by the machine to update the settings if you change them using Rescan or another program.

huh? sorry but your post confused me. can you explain what you mean? thanks

The prescribed settings used by the machines are stored within the machine on some type of non-volatile memory (memory that is maintained when the machine is off or even unplugged.)

A copy is placed on the SDCard.

If the SDCard is updated (e.g., by Rescan) then when it is returned to the machine and read the machines non-volatile memory is updated.

The machine runs from the non-volatile memory.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
"Generally, I change my settings with Rescan"

Herbm, how do you change your settings with Rescan? Do you mean that you make changes in the clinical menu and then when you download your data in Rescan (or SleepyHead that some use) your changes are there?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2014, 11:28 PM)me50 Wrote: "Generally, I change my settings with Rescan"

Herbm, how do you change your settings with Rescan? Do you mean that you make changes in the clinical menu and then when you download your data in Rescan (or SleepyHead that some use) your changes are there?

No, that is not what I meant (but that also works.)

You can change you settings EITHER on the machine in the clinical menus or by updating the SDCard with Rescan (I haven't seen a way to do this in SleepHead.)

In Rescan: Tools menu -> Device Settings (choose a device) and you will see the dialog for updating your settings on the device.

You SDCard must be write enable for this to work of course.

Most of the time this is the way I change my pressures. Generally I change other settings (like auto humidity on the machine.)

I am unsure if ALL setting can be changed from Rescan or not, but the ones that were important to me were there.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
your prescription may not actually be programmed into the machine. in my case my prescription is 15, but my machine was programmed for a min'm of 5 and max'm of 20 using a VPAP option with no ramp. I have since changed the settings to lower the max'm 17.4 to reduce the leaks I was getting when the system would peak out occcasionally and not come down of its own accord. The only absolute guaranteed way to know your prescription level is to see the doctors prescription. Keep a copy of it if possible for your own benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 159 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 120 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,200 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 386 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,008 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.