Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

prescription setting
RE: prescription setting
(02-17-2014, 02:29 AM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: your prescription may not actually be programmed into the machine. in my case my prescription is 15, but my machine was programmed for a min'm of 5 and max'm of 20 using a VPAP option with no ramp. I have since changed the settings to lower the max'm 17.4 to reduce the leaks I was getting when the system would peak out occcasionally and not come down of its own accord. The only absolute guaranteed way to know your prescription level is to see the doctors prescription. Keep a copy of it if possible for your own benefit.

Just curious if your script is for 15, did your RT set the pressure settings wide open like that?
Post Reply Post Reply
So to be clear -- the 'prescription' starts as what the doctor wrote on the chart or prescription form.

Here we are discussing the location of the effective prescribed settings for delivering treatment.

Those are in the machine -- they can be WRONG, but what is in the machine (non-volatile memory) is what the machine delivers.

The SDCard or the Clinical menu can both be used to change these settings.

Usually I make changes with Rescan and load them through the SDCard.

Last night, I decided on a last minute change and did it in the clinical menus.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 10:11 AM)herbm Wrote: Usually I make changes with Rescan and load them through the SDCard.

Last night, I decided on a last minute change and did it in the clinical menus.

When you remove & replace the SD card in your machine, the settings will revert to the previous settings you changed to using ResScan.

That is 1 reason for not making the changes using ResScan.
Changes made using ResScan remain on the SD card & every time you put the SD card back into the machine, it will revert to those settings.

The only way to get rid of the settings changed using ResScan is to "format" the SD card. Then, the machine will retain the settings you changed on the machine.

OR, just make the settings changes you did last night on the machine in ResScan.

"I" just personally find it much easier to make ALL of the changes to "settings" ON the machine itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 08:11 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-17-2014, 02:29 AM)ThatOtherGuy Wrote: your prescription may not actually be programmed into the machine. in my case my prescription is 15, but my machine was programmed for a min'm of 5 and max'm of 20 using a VPAP option with no ramp. I have since changed the settings to lower the max'm 17.4 to reduce the leaks I was getting when the system would peak out occcasionally and not come down of its own accord. The only absolute guaranteed way to know your prescription level is to see the doctors prescription. Keep a copy of it if possible for your own benefit.

Just curious if your script is for 15, did your RT set the pressure settings wide open like that?
Basically setting the low mark low obviates the need for using the ramp setting and allows the machine to sense when your body may not actually need the full assistance so allows the system to compensate. The high mark similarly when your body may need additional assistance over the prescribed amount, it will get it as the machine senses needs. The prescription amount is an ideal setting as an average of all needs. That's how it was explained to me.

I found however that I was getting major leakage that actually disturbed my sleep so worked on a process of lowering the max'm, then gradually raising it over time until leakage became a real issue. Hence 17.4 is about the sweet spot for maximum benefit and minimal leakage for me. YMMV.:grin:

Post Reply Post Reply
That is not my experience with my S9 Autoset.

I regularly move the card back and forth, but I change the settings on the machine and those settings are written to the card.

Rescan in no way has been further modifying my settings.

It works just like one would hope (last writer wins) but if you don't make changes then don't expect changes.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.