Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure
pressure
hello all! i have been using a s7 resmed lightweight with a fixed pressure for the last 12 years.my last sleep study was in 2009 and i was put on a 8.0cm h20 prescription at the time.3 days ago i bought a s9 autoset with the h5i humidifier and for the most part love it. my average pressure on the s9 shows to be in the 11.5 to 12.2 range in the mornings and after tweaking it i have set the range at 7.0 to 14.0 without using the ramp or epr options.the epr kept me up most of the 1st night.my concern is the jump from my original prescription of 8.0 to 12.0.granted i have been tired in the afternoons for several years and likely due to using the original rx for 6 years without going in for another sleep study.does the 4.0 jump seem drastic or should i trust the machine and the way i feel?thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure
It's to be expected over ~6years. Don't be concerned about it.
I was Rx'ed 14 in 2009; and now require as high as 19.

You have a good machine -- it will adjust to your needs on a night to night basis.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks mongo
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, don't be concerned. The same thing happened to me. In the first place my previous prescription was not ideal and was not an autoset so it couldn't correct itself. It was good but not ideal. The new autoset nudged the pressure up and I could feel the difference so I knew I had not had the best therapy for many years.
Enjoy your new settings!
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thelunger,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,352 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,359 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,647 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.