Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure and lungs pains
pressure and lungs pains
Hi, for several months now my sleep with the cpap has been less good, at the beginning of the treatment my number of sleep stops was between 1-2 per hour, and for several months now it is between 3-4 per hour, my pressures are between 5-7 I wanted to know if it is worth me to increase with them ( Is it considered high or low pressure?) And if so for how much?

Another thing I wake up I have a mild lung pain in the morning I wanted to know is this a familiar phenomenon?

Thanks for answering
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure and lungs pains
Welcome! We make suggestions based on data we get using Oscar. It is totally free at the top of the site. Please post a typical nights sleep and we may be able to help!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that sefam has software for your device. That is likely your best bet to get detailed info. OSCAR does not support your device.
Generically you would increase pressure by 1 and check the results to see if it is helping.

The lung pain, how is your COMFORT CALIBRATION FEATURE (CC+) set? That feature should help.

Exhale pressure is what to look at for the support of OA, Obstructive Apnea Events, which typically increase to minimize or manage. Once this is resolved you would adjust, typically increase, the inhale pressure to treat hypopneas, flow limitations, RERAs
Post Reply Post Reply
hii my comfort calibrition feature set on cc:0 i thunk it means that it doesnt work, what this feature mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a available software download that may work with your cpap.
This way you can provide us with data.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

You may also find a Clinicians Manual here.  Look in Section Three.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CC feature is one that will reduce your effort to exhale, basically making it easier and likely more comfortable for you to breathe by reducing pressure during your exhalation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lactic acidosis in the lungs justdano 5 356 01-13-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,061 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  gas pains from Machine. jerry1967 4 544 05-31-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: hopeforusall
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.