Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure clipping
RE: pressure clipping
SleepriderThis looks like normal machine behavior..minimum pressure needs to be 8.

Set the low end pressure to 8 as suggested. AHI or 2.87.  Continued improvement, Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good progress. Let's hold for a few days, and probably increase minimum a bit after it settles.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2017, 09:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Good progress. Let's hold for a few days, and probably increase minimum a bit after it settles.

AHI with a setting of 8.5 day before last 1.37. Last night almost as good 2.07.

Funny, I think I had moderate sleep apnea but I had an operation long ago for it. Before that I think it was severe. So, I was pretty much reasonably rested during the day and didn't fall asleep in the shower like I used to long ago. But since using the apap machine the past couple of weeks, and getting good reading recently, still feel rested, but in the morning I'm much more 'perky??' is the word I can best use to describe it. More morning energy.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to hear Dan.  Looking at your chart, I might bump it up to 9cm to see if a further reduction of the hypopneas can be achieved.  .  . But that's just me.

Since you're felling "perky" today, I'll inform your wife that you are ready to mow the lawn, vacuum the house, and wash the cars. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2017, 09:45 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That's good to hear Dan.  Looking at your chart, I might bump it up to 9cm to see if a further reduction of the hypopneas can be achieved.  .  . But that's just me.

Since you're felling "perky" today, I'll inform your wife that you are ready to mow the lawn, vacuum the house, and wash the cars. Big Grin

If Dan is feeling perky, his wife might be busy. Dont-know

Big Grin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
After about two weeks with my machine and self diagnosis and recently getting good AHI readings of about 1.5 - 2, I upped both my high and low pressure by 0.5. Last night and my AHI was 0.92 and no major air leaks, no vibratory snores and very low obstructives. Much more energy, especially to get my day going in the morning. Although I am 62 I had been feeling my age the past few years. As sleep improves I'm getting a little younger.

Thanks all in this thread for their assistance both on the board and private messaging.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 799 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 725 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Sleepyhead Pressure vs Mask Pressure? JVWEIL 2 1,362 02-24-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Sleepyhead - Pressure vs Mask Pressure Graphs sonicboom 11 4,795 11-25-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Reznik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.