Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure graph - what does this mean?
pressure graph - what does this mean?
Hi everyone,

I got these weird results last night - what does the green line on the pressure graph mean? I have fixed pressure of 10 with a ramp starting at 6 and no EPR.

[Image: screenshot-20141004-084628_zps0054902b.png]

I've never seen it before.

Does it have something to do with the spikes I see above on the mask pressure graph? What are those spikes?

I'm quite new to this so appreciate your help in interpreting what all this means. My leaks are low, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks!

Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure graph - what does this mean?
I am puzzled!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears to be a green line going downhill from about 9:30 to 4:30, then rising sharply.

Other than that, I don't know what it could be. Do you also have Rescan software running on your machine? Does it appear there?

Post Reply Post Reply
Did it feel like the S9 was putting out less pressure at the end vs in the beginning of the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
no I don't have the rescan software - I'm running a mac. No difference in pressure that I noticed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deleted duplicate post.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2014, 03:26 PM)zoecat5 Wrote: no I don't have the rescan software - I'm running a mac. No difference in pressure that I noticed.

Hi zoecat5, welcome to the forum!

I think the spikes in the Mask Pressure graph are from cough (positive spike) or hiccup or abrupt inhalation or perhaps a very transient huge leak (negative spike).

The green line is labeled Pressure, and the blue line is labeled EPAP.

I suggest installing the new version of SleepyHead, to see if it displays that night any differently.

I use ResScan on a Windows XP virtual machine running on Parallels on my Mac. But these days you can pick up an old but working Windows XP machine for almost nothing, like $5 at a garage sale.

ResScan does not need a new or fast computer to run on.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 253 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 696 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.