Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure of my new apap
pressure of my new apap
I am upgrading from a s8 cpap to a s9 autoset. My pressure was 12 which I raised to 14 myself years ago (don't try this at home kids). I am sure the dme will go by the sleep test I needed to provide from 7 years ago. My script was called in by my pcp. I have not seen my sleep doc in years b/c everything was good & I am not looking for another sleep test or should I. My question is what high & low numbers do I need? Thanks Brian.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pressure of my new apap
If it were me, I'd set the low as 7 and the high as 15. Then look at the data in 2 weeks and see what the data says.

Congrats on the new machine!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2012, 06:53 PM)Yawnmaster Wrote: My script was called in by my pcp. I have not seen my sleep doc in years b/c everything was good & I am not looking for another sleep test or should I. My question is what high & low numbers do I need? Thanks Brian.
i think sleep study would be helpful after those years as it can tell us if any problem with central sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
the minimum pressure is most important have to be comfortable to fall asleep and keep airways open to prevent apnea.
everyone is different. i don,t use ramp or epr, sleep on my side, set my minimum pressure at 9 and most of the time average pressure for the night 11/12. maximum pressure set at 16, providing leak not a problem the machine don,t go there if not needed.
which S8 were you using? if not the escape model would report AHI and leak.
you can use resscan or sleepyhead software if using mac computer to monitor whats going on with the therapy

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Yawnmaster, CONGRATULATIONS on the new machine.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the replies. My current unit is an s8 compact w/ the on/off switch broken & removed b/c it kept randomly turning off. Also the humidifier stopped working long ago. I don't use ramp or mind the blowing. Why is having moisture better? I look forward to see where I am at w/ the software. Maybe I will consider a new test in the future. Why is it better to bring the pressure down during the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've to correct myself. SleepHead don,t support S8 (just S9) but ResScan does but you need special smart card reader providing machine report efficacy data. last time heard its available on ebay from Israel
Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting the S9 Autoset, right? The S8 is your current but soon to be stored machine?

A humidifier is a comfort thing. It can help keep the nose, throat, and mouth from drying out from the air flow. Not everyone uses them. If you live in a humid area, or have gotten used to not having one, you could not use it.

I only use mine in the winter (dry air from the heater) and in the summer, I have water in the tank but don't turn the heat on. This is called a passover.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Since you are used to a constant pressure of 12 I think that should be your EPAP, because essentialy what is what it has been. I would set the IPAP a few cm higher. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2012, 07:48 AM)zimlich Wrote: Since you are used to a constant pressure of 12 I think that should be your EPAP, because essentialy what is what it has been. I would set the IPAP a few cm higher. Good luck.

I am not farmilar with the terminoligy epap/ipap. Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Epap = exhale
Ipap = inhale

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.