Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
Might want to redact your personal information and repost that stuff in the last post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would Hypopneas cause Centrals? I posted last nights graph a few posts ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hypopneas would not cause centrals. They could be Central Hypopneas which are optional for sleep labs to evaluate on PSG.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interestingly you opened your mouth to inhale after that central, the hypopnea has a flow limit right before and after the flag and was caused by the reduced level of breathing following the recovery (larger) breaths following the central with makes it a mixed apnea, started as a central finished as a obstructive
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 10:14 AM)bonjour Wrote: Interestingly you opened your mouth to inhale after that central, the hypopnea has a flow limit right before and after the flag and was caused by the reduced level of breathing following the recovery (larger) breaths following the central with makes it a mixed apnea, started as a central finished as a obstructive

Yeah I took a breath after the central,... I was woken up... at least that what my Dr. told happens.

What's you take on my sleep study...... as far as centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
you had a few, there were not enough to worry about but definitely enough to warrant watching. I would not suggest ASV as a result of that. OSA was the significant issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 10:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: you had a few, there were not enough to worry about but definitely enough to warrant watching.  I would not suggest ASV as a result of that.  OSA was the significant issue.

On the graph in the sleep study, how do you read it? Not finding my graph online.

Maybe a break down?
Post Reply Post Reply
That is just from the numbers in the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 10:37 AM)bonjour Wrote: you had a few, there were not enough to worry about but definitely enough to warrant watching.  I would not suggest ASV as a result of that.  OSA was the significant issue.

I saw 10 centrals... where did you see a few?
Post Reply Post Reply
A few, as in not enough to indicate a significant issue, but enough to be aware of.
Do you want to split hairs on every little thing, I don't. The next time I respond I'll be sure to be more precise, but then don't say that it is over your head.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,092 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,007 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 675 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,597 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,475 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,419 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,701 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.