Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
Not answering for others, but 2 minutes seems to give breath by breath data on flow chart and can show details that those with experience can see issues by looking at it at that level of zoom in relation to events flags, etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is right. With this resolution we can really read the tea leaves. For example see that weird flat spot at 12:44:55?  That is probably a swallow durig expiration with a brief exhale of air before the next inspiration.  All of the inspiration waves here show a very crisp, strong inspiratory effort and free-flow. Not a flow limit anywhere.  The CA event appears to be a pause in exhale and is atypical for a true central because respiration before and after the event are about the same with no diminishing volume before or recovery breathing after.  You can see a pressure pulse indicated by the black hash next to the CA event and you can see the deflection it caused in the flow rate. This is how Philips differentiates obstruction or clear airway. I would guess this event is a position shift.  The hypopnea is just a diminished effort, and has no indication of flow restriction, although the last breath of the hypopnea looks a bit flow-limited.  You see those little waves where there is no flow during the CA and H events?  That is your pulse which the heart atrium transmits to the lungs, especially when laying on your back or right side.  That s what a 2-minute segment does.

Make your chart even better. Right click next to the Flow Rate label and a menu comes up where you can reset the y-axis range and add a dotted line. Try adding a dotted line at zero. That will show you where respiration crosses over from inspirations to expiration and back.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23099]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Rate chart right click

Y axis
scale mode
auto fit
defaults
over ride
min max
0.00 ^ 0.00 ^

that's all is shown.
Post Reply Post Reply
right click/dotted lines/zero
You can set right click/yaxis/overide/ +/-75 and that will encompass all you need to see except perhaps in a few unusual situations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 01:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Dave is right. With this resolution we can really read the tea leaves. For example see that weird flat spot at 12:44:55?  That is probably a swallow durig expiration with a brief exhale of air before the next inspiration.  All of the inspiration waves here show a very crisp, strong inspiratory effort and free-flow. Not a flow limit anywhere.  The CA event appears to be a pause in exhale and is atypical for a true central because respiration before and after the event are about the same with no diminishing volume before or recovery breathing after.  You can see a pressure pulse indicated by the black hash next to the CA event and you can see the deflection it caused in the flow rate. This is how Philips differentiates obstruction or clear airway.   I would guess this event is a position shift.  The hypopnea is just a diminished effort, and has no indication of flow restriction, although the last breath of the hypopnea looks a bit flow-limited.  You see those little waves where there is no flow during the CA and H events?  That is your pulse which the heart atrium transmits to the lungs, especially when laying on your back or right side.  That s what a 2-minute segment does.

Make your chart even better.  Right click next to the Flow Rate label and a menu comes up where you can reset the y-axis range and add a dotted line. Try adding a dotted line at zero.  That will show you where respiration crosses over from inspirations to expiration and back.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23099]

Quote: For example see that weird flat spot at 12:44:55?

you meant 11:45:20-30, I do, yeah. A true CA.... ok.

Quote:I would guess this event is a position shift. 

Plenty of them last night yeah..... chin strap kept messin with me as well as the P30i head hear. Pillow was messin with me, and my shoulder was sore from laying on it a long time.

Quote:Make your chart even better.  Right click next to the Flow Rate label and a menu comes up where you can reset the y-axis range and add a dotted line. Try adding a dotted line at zero.  That will show you where respiration crosses over from inspirations to expiration and back. 

Flow Rate chart right click

Y axis
scale mode
auto fit
defaults
over ride
min max
0.00 ^ 0.00 ^

that's all is shown.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right click next to the Flow Rate label and a menu comes up where you can add a dotted line

Right click next to the Flow Rate label, then click 'Dotted Lines', then click 'zero'
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 02:24 PM)bonjour Wrote: Right click next to the Flow Rate label and a menu comes up where you can  add a dotted line

Right click next to the Flow Rate label, then click 'Dotted Lines', then click 'zero'

Got it.... I think we should change Freds user name to Ghost ! LOL Thank You Fred !

Yeah This board definately is theee Best !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So in the 2 minute segment, a legitimate CA is 10 seconds.... it's hard to see the time of 10 seconds but I guess I can manage.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Not really. The last one is has a large breath right before it that could be a yawn or just a sigh. Once again the following CA was just things coming back into equilibrium as you didn't need the air. It's a sleep or breathing disturbance frequently flagged as CA because the airway is open, but is not a neurological or similar cessation of breathing.

Back near the beginning of this thread you had some impressive repeated clusters of CA that might have been a real concern if they continued, but these breathing anomalies are pretty common. Nice job on the dotted line. Similar context menus are available on all the charts...explore.

Forum user-tip: You don't need to quote a whole post, just what's needed, or if what you are replyig to is obvious nothing. You can even just say which member you are replying to. We do this because some members are visually impaired and use readers. The complex and long quotes make their life difficult.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just posted a screenshot with a posted green line with the time line..... next to the purple CA flag. Trying to time it, but the time line is a bit to read. I only had one OA.... I should keep the pressure where it is.

Quote:Forum user-tip: You don't need to quote a whole post, just what's needed, or if what you are replying to is obvious nothing. You can even just say which member you are replying to. We do this because some members are visually impaired and use readers. The complex and long quotes make their life difficult.

Will do. copy and pasting into the quote box takes awhile. i used to color code my answers in reply in prior post quote.

Now that I can read the flow chart correctly, do you fellas think i still need to have titration study?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,018 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 986 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 669 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,589 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,438 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,394 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,695 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.