Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
FWIW we try not to act like that other site.

Here's to hoping your nasty charts clear up. That Respironics ScreamStation has the reputation of less than helpful features like Flex. The ScreamStation does make one want to scream at the guy that issued it it seems from feedback on its victimsusers.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is definitely a different vibe here. I was a member there since 2008 and eventually drifted away from the conflicts, and arguments. There are some very good, knowledgeable people over there and if you can deal with the chaos I guess it's okay. We assume most people come here for help and havn't heard of the things we tell them, even if we have repeated it countless times. At the end of the day we find it a lot more rewarding to see positive results and than to try to criticize or shame someone for not knowing, or getting it wrong on the internet. We often disagree, but the difference is, we don't need a personal insult to defend our position. I mostly hang out here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My pulmonary Dr...isn't no help, neither was the people who issued my APAP.... so yeah, I hear ya bro.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 02:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I mostly hang out here.

Me too.    Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2020, 02:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is definitely a different vibe here.  I was a member there since 2008 and eventually drifted away from the conflicts, and arguments.  There are some very good, knowledgeable people over there and if you can deal with the chaos I guess it's okay.  We assume most people come here for help and havn't heard of the things we tell them, even if we have repeated it countless times. At the end of the day we find it a lot more rewarding to see positive results and than to try to criticize or shame someone for not knowing, or getting it wrong on the internet.  We often disagree, but the difference is, we don't need a personal insult to defend our position.  I mostly hang out here.

There's one guy in particular that is really stuck on himself.... expects you to read his mind otherwise he considers spoon feeding you.

One moderator who talks over your head and most of the time doesn't keep it simple. Blows things out of proportion.... 

ie; a heated hose.... me.."get one"..she says.."you don't need one, don't get one for now, you can insulate it.. "

me, "better to be prepared, even if you don't need it now.. be prepared" the guy said he would insulate it"..... 

instead of drop her argument she kept knockin me down....  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm familar with the individuals involved. It's an interesting dynamic The easiest solution is not to engage. I promise you won't miss it any more than I do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights Oscar data

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The CA's only were 2.5 but when I expand the flow chart all the way it shows CA's in their entirety, and I see more than 2.5.

Am I missing something?

And no OA's, but Snores. I would think snores would be restrictive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snores are restrictive and are a primary driver of pressure on PR machines, similar to flow limits on ResMed.

Are you missing duration?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2020, 05:59 AM)bonjour Wrote: Snores are restrictive and are a primary driver of pressure on PR machines, similar to flow limits on ResMed.

Are you missing duration?

the events on the time line show the duration... less then 5 seconds..... is that what your asking?

And yes I see the pressure increase right around a snore.

I have to replace my chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,353 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,359 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,647 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.