Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
Not necessary. I had a certain test or some procedure that was needed for some reason. It was denied as the medical entity billing office labeled the procedure visit as my first visit. As there was a consult a short time prior to the actual procedure was to take place, it was not the first visit. I think on the docs office part, it was a mischecked box. I called insurance customer service to find out what was wrong. She said about the mix-up then placed me on a 2 min hold. The CS agent called to docs office to tell them to resubmit with the corrected info. Approved in an hour.

Best wishes you get your own success story soon. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll see what they say at the Dr's office tomorrow. I believe they did their part..... but I'm no trusting the Insurance company.

I am so glad I came to this site when I did. 2-3 months would have turned into or 6 or 7 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dr is ordering a Titration sleep study.... he had to put me on an APAP to prove it didn't manage CA's.....

Now they have no reason to deny the titraiton sleep study.

Thanks again guys !

Fred.. for what's it's worth... could you please tell Pugsy I had a bad night.. and that I appreciate all she did. Especially introducing me to OSCAR. If It was for her...and some others I wouldn't be where I'm at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask your doctor if he can include ASV in the titration study.
Post Reply Post Reply
I told him if I can get a Res Med ASV he said sure I can do that.... but I'll call back and run that by him.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as your titration study order specifies that titration should be multi-modal to evaluate bilevel and ASV than that should work.  It would help if your doctor changed your diagnosis to be idiopathic central sleep apnea.  
Quote:   G47.31 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
   The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM G47.31 became effective on October 1, 2019.
   This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G47.31 - other international versions of ICD-10 G47.31 may differ.

Applicable To

Idiopathic central sleep apnea

The following code(s) above G47.31 contain annotation back-references
that may be applicable to G47.31:

G00-G99
   Diseases of the nervous system
   G47
   Sleep disorders
   G47.3
   Sleep apnea
 https://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/...47-/G47.31
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Damn, Sleeprider.. you basically read my mind before I had a chance to ask it.... LOL LOL

Ok, when they call back I'll ask...
Post Reply Post Reply
I told the Dr. Res med ASV... lest out the auto..

I just read the write up on it at Res med....

ASVAuto mode
ASVAuto mode can help streamline titration protocols by offering automatically adjusting Pressure Support and EPAP. ASVAuto mode will stabilize ventilation using Pressure Support to keep patients at their target minute ventilation. It will also automatically stabilize the upper airway with an increase in EPAP on the next breath following an event to treat and help prevent obstructions.

Can some one simplify this explanation..

I see EPAP is exhale.... but the pressure support for minute ventilation I'm not quite understanding.

and stabilize upper airway with increase EPAP on next breath (exhale?) following an event to treat and help OA?
Post Reply Post Reply
Attempt at a simple explanation: the ASV constantly adapts the pressure to intervene before an event happens.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 12:53 PM)slowriter Wrote: Attempt at a simple explanation: the ASV constantly adapts the pressure to intervene before an event happens.

In that case why be concerned about blood/oxygen concentration..... if CA's will be prevented?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,349 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,350 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,646 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.