Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pressure plateau
RE: pressure plateau
i don't have the expertise to provide surgical advice. is it worth it? undoubtedly it is for some.
I do know that many that have surgery still require CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 04:32 PM)milboltnut Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 04:15 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I had lots of CA before the ASV. The CA were afraid to show up because of the ASV.

I told my Dr. I wanted a Res Med ASV... he shook his head yes as he jotted it down... He didn't hesitate....hmmmmmmm.

One thing he said, which I never realized, but I know now, especially after learning about the ASV... and Dr. telling me this.. is when you have a central your brain wakes you up. And I've been wondering why I couldn't sleep right... and been trying so hard to.

it is a bit of a game we play to get the treatment that we need.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 04:15 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I had lots of CA before the ASV. The CA were afraid to show up because of the ASV.

Tell me if you agree with this?

Quote:How many is too many? Hard to say but if you are seeing 5 per hour...every hour...every night that you can't explain away by being awake maybe...see your doctor. It may not be anything but whenever in doubt about something you see on your report....go see your doctor.

My Centrals were 80 -90 percent of the time were 10 seconds or longer. THIS person doesn't say that.

so on average 3 and hour that were 10 seconds or more woke me up 21 times a night, I would say, yes it's a concern..
Post Reply Post Reply
An AHI of 5 means that demon next to you elbowed you in the ribs every 12 minutes on average all night long. By the way, how well did you sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 05:15 PM)bonjour Wrote: An AHI of 5 means that demon next to you elbowed you in the ribs every 12 minutes on average all night long.  By the way, how well did you sleep?

This is my best AHI....... to me it really means nothing considering the centrals were all at least 10 seconds long.... so I would think I didn't sleep well that night either Fred even with a low AHI. A low AHI is always a good thing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You do not want to showcase nights like this (under 5 AHI) it means that you are good with what you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2020, 05:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: You do not want to showcase nights like this (under 5 AHI)  it means that you are good with what you have.

I'm not showcasing to show that I'm good with what I have AHI wise... contrary to what I explained, my centrals show, that it wasn't good, even with a low AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen most that have these surgeries say it didn't solve enough to put away a CPAP class of medical device.

By definition, any apnea lasts 10 seconds or more.

About the quote, I have no comment. I know that I don't care so much about the numbers, I care about how I feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
MEDICALLY, any AHI under 5 is done/complete/no further changes are needed!!! You are doing perfectly and all is well!!! Your CAs are well under control and not a bother and your obstructive apnea is in the same condition. By definition, you are treated with 'perfect' results. Thank you and be sure to schedule your annual appointment so I can make some more money off you.

I might show 1 good night (under 5 AHI) out of every 20 bad ones because everyone gets lucky sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reading this thread and the last comment makes me wonder if Sleep Disorder doctors should be call CPAP salesmen as it seems they are only focused on 1 issue of sleep problems and throw their hands up if you are a challenge. Maybe I'm too new to the game, only just completing 2 weeks of therapy, AHI number is way down, but I feel worse during the day than I did before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,357 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,360 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,649 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.